PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Bligther with sommon animal/monster

Bekahelen
2018-07-21, 05:39 PM
My druid became a vampire, so I decided to become a blighter. But blighter can't summon animals, and that is one of the things I enjoy the most :smallbiggrin:
Is there a feat or some way for me to include summon monster/animal/undead in the list of knowns spells?

DrMotives
2018-07-21, 07:21 PM
Blighters are divine casters. See about picking up the Summoner domain.

Bekahelen
2018-07-21, 07:53 PM
Blighters are divine casters. See about picking up the Summoner domain.

Can druids get domains? I only have druid and vampire levels.

eggynack
2018-07-22, 01:07 AM
Can druids get domains? I only have druid and vampire levels.
You generally want to dip something like contemplative for that purpose. Alternatively, if you're up for changing up your build a bit, talontar blightlord from unapproachable east keeps a lot of the same kind of corrupted druid flavor without losing all your druid juice. So, you'd just still have SNA because you never lost it in the first place. Significantly more powerful option, that.

Bekahelen
2018-07-22, 01:44 AM
I still haven't gotten any blighter level, so always open for new ideas haha I take a look at that! Looks pretty cool! Thanks =D

Bekahelen
2018-07-22, 02:40 AM
You generally want to dip something like contemplative for that purpose. Alternatively, if you're up for changing up your build a bit, talontar blightlord from unapproachable east keeps a lot of the same kind of corrupted druid flavor without losing all your druid juice. So, you'd just still have SNA because you never lost it in the first place. Significantly more powerful option, that.

So, I read about the Talontar Blightlord (it's pretty cool), but my druid was level 5 when she became a vampire, so she can't cast 4th level spells :smallannoyed: (she was level 7, actually, but the DM exchanged two druid levels for vampire levels). And since she already lost all her powers and everything, would the class still work? (supposing she had all the requirements).

P.S.: she lost her powers and such because she became an undead

eggynack
2018-07-22, 03:30 AM
So, I read about the Talontar Blightlord (it's pretty cool), but my druid was level 5 when she became a vampire, so she can't cast 4th level spells :smallannoyed: (she was level 7, actually, but the DM exchanged two druid levels for vampire levels). And since she already lost all her powers and everything, would the class still work? (supposing she had all the requirements).

P.S.: she lost her powers and such because she became an undead
I'm not really sure why becoming undead would lose a druid their powers. The class is pretty straightforward, in any case. If you have magic stuff, it advances it. This would really be a thing in lieu of the blighter plan.

ShurikVch
2018-07-22, 04:30 AM
Note: the Tainted Druid (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030428a) feat is explicitly possible to qualify for via being Undead:
Prerequisite: You must forsake all that is good and peaceful in the natural world. Typically, this means you must be an outsider with the Evil subtype, possess the Fiendish template, or be undead. Other unique qualifiers could apply, based on the DM's discretion.Thus, no need to switch into Blighter...

Bekahelen
2018-07-22, 12:23 PM
I'm not really sure why becoming undead would lose a druid their powers. The class is pretty straightforward, in any case. If you have magic stuff, it advances it. This would really be a thing in lieu of the blighter plan.

What he explained is that druids follow nature, and being and undead is not part of the natural cicle, it's not the "nature's way", so my caracter wouldn't be able to continue using her druid powers, because she no longer belongs to nature. And there is even a druid circle that hunts the undead ones. That made sense to me, even though it's quite sad, cuz druids are a pretty powerfull class

ShurikVch
2018-07-22, 01:46 PM
What he explained is that druids follow nature, and being and undead is not part of the natural cicle, it's not the "nature's way", so my caracter wouldn't be able to continue using her druid powers, because she no longer belongs to nature. And there is even a druid circle that hunts the undead ones. That made sense to me, even though it's quite sad, cuz druids are a pretty powerfull classThe Negative Energy plane (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Negative_Energy_plane) is natural part of D&D cosmology - thus, nothing unnatural about it

Lossarwyn the Ice Lich (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Lossarwyn) is a powerful Druid, and still got all the corresponding abilities - including the Wild Shape
In the Libris Mortis, example creature for the Swarm-Shifter template is a Mummy King (13th-level Druid)
In the Sandstorm, Abesukh Habah is Druid5/Walker in the Waste 9 (thus, one level from turning into Dry Lich), and Ten-Ap - Fighter 10/Druid 4 Human Lich
Maelik (Druid 5, Frostfell Rift) is Icegaunt (thus, Undead)

Bekahelen
2018-07-22, 02:01 PM
"Lossarwyn the Ice Lich is a powerful Druid, and still got all the corresponding abilities - including the Wild Shape
In the Libris Mortis, example creature for the Swarm-Shifter template is a Mummy King (13th-level Druid)
In the Sandstorm, Abesukh Habah is Druid5/Walker in the Waste 9 (thus, one level from turning into Dry Lich), and Ten-Ap - Fighter 10/Druid 4 Human Lich
Maelik (Druid 5, Frostfell Rift) is Icegaunt (thus, Undead)"

I've just started reading the Libris Mortis haha but that's pretty cool! And it also makes sense. Thanks! I'll gather some more material and ask my DM about that!