PDA

View Full Version : delete this

Tetrasodium
2018-07-21, 10:21 PM
So the unearthed arcana came out (giant soul sorcerer with some tweaks over happy fun hour version) & I couldn't find a thread about it. Link to its here (http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/giant-soul-sorcerer). It looks pretty decent still, but it almost seems tailored to multiclass hexblade to avoid needing much other than cha/con/ok dex with its medium armor instead of dragon sorcerer.

I'd probably allow it as a gm, but sick of seeing scorlocks I was hoping the next class would be something that used anything but charisma so we could start bringing the other 5 stats up towards charisma's "dating the gm" status with wotc

suplee215
2018-07-21, 10:26 PM
So the unearthed arcana came out (giant soul sorcerer with some tweaks over happy fun hour version) & I couldn't find a thread about it. Link to its [url="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/giant-soul-sorcerer"]here. It looks pretty decent still, but it almost seems tailored to multiclass hexblade to avoid needing much other than cha/con/ok dex with its medium armor instead of dragon sorcerer.

I'd probably allow it as a gm, but sick of seeing scorlocks I was hoping the next class would be something that used anything but charisma so we could start bringing the other 5 stats up towards charisma's "dating the gm" status with wotc

That link is from last month and not this month. Also my best advice over not liking Scorlock multiclassing is to just not allow them or to require in story reasons to all multiclassing. Multiclassing is an optional rule and it is fully within the right of the DM to not allow it for optimization purposes.

Tetrasodium
2018-07-21, 10:37 PM
That link is from last month and not this month. Also my best advice over not liking Scorlock multiclassing is to just not allow them or to require in story reasons to all multiclassing. Multiclassing is an optional rule and it is fully within the right of the DM to not allow it for optimization purposes.
oops! guess that explains why I didn't see anything. I saw a video from JC talking about changes to it on twitter this morning & just assumed it was new :(