PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Mounted Charger with Dragon Mount

notmyrealname43
2018-07-22, 10:26 PM
I'm planning to rebuild my Mounted Charger as my DM is thankfully allowing me to retrain a class level every other session and a feat after each session. Over time, I'm looking to build a Dragon Mounted charger and plan to get the Dragon Cohort feat and pickup a dragon mount soon after we finish our grand story line.

I'm currently playing a Knight 5/Hellreaver 4/Ashworm Dragoon 4, and I'm about to level up to 14, however I've realized over time my 5 levels of Knight are pretty much useless as even minions are able to resist my fighting challenge and my sick ride check and my Relentless Shield allows me to easily ride check against most melee attacks. Plus, after my mount is killed I'm useless for at least a turn as I prepare my Bronze Griffon backup.

Also roleplay wise, I'm hoping to be a noble leader eventually, but I think this will happen regardless as my party already has a base and jokes about creating an Illusion Kingdom.

Probably gonna take one more level of Ashworm at 14 for the improved trample since I've invested in that already, and I can drop Trample as a feat after I stop using the Ashworm regularly.

I'm looking into reclassing all of my knight levels - Probably dipping into fighter to retake feats I need as a charger

Even though I have YET to use mettle, I plan on keeping my Hellreaver levels.

Thinking about Barbarian Lion Totem for Pounce
Thinking about going paladin for Planar Template Mount but I'd have to give up my ashworm poison sting (Does this apply to variants?)
Finally I plan on taking at least 3 levels Dragon Rider class for the first few bonuses.

Any suggestions on what I should look into to increase my uses or to prepare myself for riding a hopefully powerful dragon?

BowStreetRunner
2018-07-22, 11:41 PM
One level of Dragon Rider would allow you to improve the maneuverability of your dragon mount by one step, although it has Skill Focus (Ride) as a prereq.