PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Tiamat Patron for Warlock

Daghoulish
2018-07-22, 10:58 PM
Tiamat Warlock

Expanded Spell List

The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.

Warlock Level
Spells

1st
Chromatic Orb, Absorb Elements

3rd
Scorching Ray, Snilloc's Snowball Swarm

5th
Lightning Bolt, Protection From Energy

7th
Vitriolic Sphere, Wall of Fire

9th
Cone of Cold, Cloudkill

Breath of Five
Starting at 1st level, you may use your action to exhale destructive energy. Roll a d6 at the end of a short or long rest. Check the chart to determine damage type and area of effect of your breath weapon. When you use your breath weapon, each creature in the area of the exhalation must make a saving throw, the type determined by the chart.

The DC for this saving throw equals your Warlock spell save DC. A creature takes 2d6 damage on a failed save, and half as much damage on a successful one. The damage increases by 1d6 at levels 3, 5, 7, and 9th.

1, Acid, 5 by 30 ft. line (Dex. save)
2, Lightning, 5 by 30 ft. line (Dex. save)
3, Poison, 15 ft. cone (Con. save)
4, Fire, 15 ft. cone (Dex. save)
5, Cold, 15 ft. cone (Dex. save)
6, Your choice of the previous options

Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Roll a d10 at the end of a short or long rest
1-2, Acid, 5 by 30 ft. line (Dex. save)
3-4, Lightning, 5 by 30 ft. line (Dex. save)
5-6, Poison, 15 ft. cone (Con. save)
7-8, Fire, 15 ft. cone (Dex. save)
9-10, Cold, 15 ft. cone (Dex. save)

I changed it to be a bit smaller and you might gain some control over it.

Roar of the Dragon Queen
At 6th level, when you take damage, you can use your reaction to make a horrendous roar. Any creature of your choice within 10 feet of you that can hear you must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC or be frightened of you until the end of your next turn.

Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Protection of the Queen
Once he reaches 10th level, the Tiamat warlock becomes covered in a thin layer of scales encompassing all of the chromatic dragon colors. You have resistance to spells of 3rd level or lower that deal acid, cold, fire, lightning, or poison damage.

Voice of the Queen
At 14th level, you can cast Divine Word. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Queens Guise
At 14th level, you can assume the form of the Queen of Dragons. as an action, you undergo a transformation gaining five draconic heads as well as large wings.

For 1 minute, you gain the following benefits:
Your Breath of Five can be used every turn as well as gaining the ability for you to chose the element. It's damage increases by 4d6 damage. The range of these breaths change to 5 by 60 ft. line or a 30 ft. cone based on it's previous area of effect.
A fly speed equal to your walk speed.
Resistance to acid, cold, fire, lightning, and poison damage.

Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

This was terrible. This is why you don't make things at 1 in the morning. I made a 14th warlock ability equal to a 20th paladin one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This came about because I haven't found a single dragon patron for the warlock that doesn't feel to me like a carbon copy of the draconic sorcerer. I went into this trying to make sure it feels different to the sorcerer. I have no idea how balanced it is, I don't see anything glaring overpowered but I'm still quite new to this edition. Any advice or balance concerns would be much appreciated.