PDA

View Full Version : WotC releases a guide to Eberron and making your own Eberron content

mgshamster
2018-07-23, 02:16 PM
Link here (http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/247882)

Text from link below:

Eberron was born in 2002 when Wizards of the Coast launched a worldwide search for a new campaign setting.

Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron brings the eponymous campaign setting to fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons, providing an overview of the core themes of the setting and the rules to connect them to current campaigns. It explores the continent of Khorvaire and the great city of Sharn. Herein awaits a fantastical sampling of what this setting has to offer, as well as hooks for compelling adventures of your own design.

Particularly useful is a list of sources for learning more about Eberron.

Want to create and publish your own Eberron PDFs? The Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron can serve as your jumping off point to create your own monsters, adventure modules, and other tabletop content set within Eberron and put it up for sale on the Dungeon Masters Guild.

Grod_The_Giant
2018-07-23, 02:50 PM
I can't tell; is it a full-length book like the Sword Coast guide, or is it more along the lines of the Planeshift articles?

Also, what's with the races being released simultaneously as UA?

Fnissalot
2018-07-23, 02:58 PM
I assume they like playtesting! Looks super cool btw, never played in eberron but am looking forward to doing it

leogobsin
2018-07-23, 02:59 PM
I can't tell; is it a full-length book like the Sword Coast guide, or is it more along the lines of the Planeshift articles?

Also, what's with the races being released simultaneously as UA?

It's 170-ish pages, don't know off the top of my head how that compares to SCAG but it's significantly more than the Planeshifts.

Ignimortis
2018-07-23, 03:04 PM
It's basically a huge UA in terms of legality in games and a splatbook in terms of size.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty good, but it's not SCAG or Xanathar's, it doesn't have much crunch for players except for three new races, dragonmarks (both Eberron-exclusive) and ten pages of magic items.

Grod_The_Giant
2018-07-23, 03:05 PM
I assume they like playtesting!
I'm just confused by how it's going to help the released book. Are they going to come back in a month and say "whoops, actually, use these Warforged stats instead of the ones we sold you?"

It's basically a huge UA in terms of legality in games and a splatbook in terms of size.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty good, but it's not SCAG or Xanathar's, it doesn't have much crunch for players except for three new races, dragonmarks (both Eberron-exclusive) and ten pages of magic items.
Ah, okay, good to know. Gonna skip this one, I think.

leogobsin
2018-07-23, 03:07 PM
I'm just confused by how it's going to help the released book. Are they going to come back in a month and say "whoops, actually, use these Warforged stats instead of the ones we sold you?"

Well, since it's released exclusively through DM's Guild they could actually just push out an update that you'd get free if you've already bought it.