PDA

View Full Version : Master Transmogrifist Early Qualification

cartejos
2018-07-23, 02:36 PM
What's the earliest way to be able to cast polymorph as a Sorcerer?

The best I could think of would be using Versatile Spellcaster + Some way to get the Polymorph spell as a Spell Known.
But I don't know what way I could get Polymorph as a spell known before having the ability to cast 4th level spells.
Arcane Disciple adds spells to your class spell list, and Extra Spell is of a spell level 1 lower than the max you can cast.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Darrin
2018-07-23, 03:58 PM
Drake Helm (Eberron Explorer's Handbook p. 151) or Knowstone (Dragon #333) adds polymorph as a spell known, at which point you could probably use Versatile Spellcaster to cast it.

Feat-wise... Planar Touchstone linked to Catalogues of Enlightenment, choose the Transformation Domain (Races of Eberron p. 180). The higher-order power lets you cast any spell from that domain, and that includes polymorph. As far as qualifying for Master Transmogrifist... rules-wise it may be a bit sketchy, so it probably boils down to a DM's Call.

Ramza00
2018-07-23, 04:40 PM
A one level lost into cleric does it if you pick the right feats and subsitution options.

5 parts
1) Cleric 1 for domains (we want transformation domain), turn undead
2) Feat: Heighten Spell
3) Feat: DMM Heighten Spell
4) Spontaneous Domain Casting (Alternate Class Feature: Cleric PH2) Lose Cure / Inflict ability by sacrificing prepared spell slots and casting cure / inflict spontaneity. Instead give you the power to cast domain spell spontaneously from prepared slots. Transformation Domain has Alter Self at level 2 and Polymorph at level 5.

Use DMM to heighten a spell slot to 5th level or 2nd level and spontaneously convert this heighten spell slot to Alter Self and Polymorph.

If your DM allows you to do Trickery Domain+Transformation Domain (either worshiping concepts like a shapechanger diety, lets say you are a changeling and per ROTD you can grab the Transformation Domain this way if you do not worship a diety and a trickery domain just makes sense.) Then you can enter Master Transmogrifist as soon as ECL 3 with two flaws.

Cleric 1/ Sorcerer 1/Master Transmogrifist 10

So at level 12 you cast as a 8th level Sorcerer but you could get polymorph as soon as level 1 using the above trick I showed you.

cartejos
2018-07-23, 05:23 PM
A one level lost into cleric does it if you pick the right feats and subsitution options.

5 parts
1) Cleric 1 for domains (we want transformation domain), turn undead
2) Feat: Heighten Spell
3) Feat: DMM Heighten Spell
4) Spontaneous Domain Casting (Alternate Class Feature: Cleric PH2) Lose Cure / Inflict ability by sacrificing prepared spell slots and casting cure / inflict spontaneity. Instead give you the power to cast domain spell spontaneously from prepared slots. Transformation Domain has Alter Self at level 2 and Polymorph at level 5.

Use DMM to heighten a spell slot to 5th level or 2nd level and spontaneously convert this heighten spell slot to Alter Self and Polymorph.

If your DM allows you to do Trickery Domain+Transformation Domain (either worshiping concepts like a shapechanger diety, lets say you are a changeling and per ROTD you can grab the Transformation Domain this way if you do not worship a diety and a trickery domain just makes sense.) Then you can enter Master Transmogrifist as soon as ECL 3 with two flaws.

Cleric 1/ Sorcerer 1/Master Transmogrifist 10

So at level 12 you cast as a 8th level Sorcerer but you could get polymorph as soon as level 1 using the above trick I showed you.

I like this, and it seems like it works. For some reason I didn't think Heighten Spell could be Metamagic Reduced