PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Coffeelock

th3g0dc0mp13x
2018-07-23, 07:05 PM
I was bored and the new UA made it so coffeelock could be done in the most broken manner possible so I built my take on it. Meet Band-aid. The basic idea is that they were built to be a Medic. The sigil having been inscribed by the high priest of _Insert Deity Here_. After they were "freed" they found a calling helping adventurers stay alive. Basically he gets in the way of attacks, heals people, Prevents people from moving past him and Buffs people. Thoughts, Opinions, Did I miss anything or screw up somewhere?

Name: Band-aid
Warforged (Envoy) Proficient in Medicine and with herbalism kits
Divine soul Sorcerer 5/Hexblade Warlock 2
AC=20 with a shield
Metamagics: twinned, Quickened
Invocations: Agonizing Blast, Grasp of Hadar

Spells
Cantrips: Spare the Dying, Thaumaturgy, Guidance, Prestidigitation, Mending |Booming Blade, Eldritch Blast
First: Bless, Healing word, Sanctuary| Shield, Hellish Rebuke, Arms of Hadar.
Second: Spiritual Weapon, Blur,
Third: Spirit Guardians, Haste

P.S. This won't ever get played by me as none of my tables use UA and it's probably way to much cheese for my taste anyway.

Grear Bylls
2018-07-23, 07:42 PM
I was bored and the new UA made it so coffeelock could be done in the most broken manner possible so I built my take on it. Meet Band-aid. The basic idea is that they were built to be a Medic. The sigil having been inscribed by the high priest of _Insert Deity Here_. After they were "freed" they found a calling helping adventurers stay alive. Basically he gets in the way of attacks, heals people, Prevents people from moving past him and Buffs people. Thoughts, Opinions, Did I miss anything or screw up somewhere?

Name: Band-aid
Warforged (Envoy) Proficient in Medicine and with herbalism kits
Divine soul Sorcerer 5/Hexblade Warlock 2
AC=20 with a shield
Metamagics: twinned, Quickened
Invocations: Agonizing Blast, Grasp of Hadar

Spells
Cantrips: Spare the Dying, Thaumaturgy, Guidance, Prestidigitation, Mending |Booming Blade, Eldritch Blast
First: Bless, Healing word, Sanctuary| Shield, Hellish Rebuke, Arms of Hadar.
Second: Spiritual Weapon, Blur,
Third: Spirit Guardians, Haste

P.S. This won't ever get played by me as none of my tables use UA and it's probably way to much cheese for my taste anyway.

More like "Banned-Aid!"

Am I right?

No..?

Ok...

Anyway, people have been saying this about war forged recently, and this build seems to sum it up. I, however, would sink first level in Fighter, then go on. Con Prof, 16+Prof AC, and all weapons seems good. Overall,I guess it works

Ganymede
2018-07-23, 07:46 PM
I can't believe this has to be said yet again, but UA material is not designed to be used with multiclassing. It results in a bunch of weird interactions and nullifies the value of your playtest data.

8wGremlin
2018-07-23, 08:37 PM
Exactly how I built mine!
I also often take Aid, and warding bond (twinned)

Finback
2018-07-23, 08:48 PM
Warforged medic?

https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/d/d4/HangersOn-Ratchetloosensjoints.jpg

th3g0dc0mp13x
2018-07-23, 08:55 PM
More like "Banned-Aid!"

Am I right?

No..?

Ok...

Anyway, people have been saying this about war forged recently, and this build seems to sum it up. I, however, would sink first level in Fighter, then go on. Con Prof, 16+Prof AC, and all weapons seems good. Overall,I guess it works

Probably, most of the groups that I run with I'm good friends so it would be more like: Do you guys mind if I try and break the game? They'd probably say yes just to see what happens, then again if people weren't having fun I'd switch pretty quick.

I can't believe this has to be said yet again, but UA material is not designed to be used with multiclassing. It results in a bunch of weird interactions and nullifies the value of your playtest data.

I don't understand this thought? A. Things like what your saying will need to be continually repeated as new people come in and start playing the game. B. Playtest's generally are trying to stress the system to find breaking points if you disallow parts of the game from the test then you don't have a complete dataset. This may not be the case with wotc, but if so I'd consider that shortsighted of them.

Exactly how I built mine!
I also often take Aid, and warding bond (twinned)

Depending on the level of the game aid could be awesome but at this point i'd consider it a waste of a known spell. Warding bond is one that I personally am super wary of ever using. especially twinned. One AoE that catches all three of you and you're toast.

Ganymede
2018-07-23, 09:47 PM
I don't understand this thought? A. Things like what your saying will need to be continually repeated as new people come in and start playing the game. B. Playtest's generally are trying to stress the system to find breaking points if you disallow parts of the game from the test then you don't have a complete dataset. This may not be the case with wotc, but if so I'd consider that shortsighted of them.

They're likely trying to remove as many variables as possible in the playtesting process so as to streamline making revisions.

8wGremlin
2018-07-24, 06:19 PM
Playtest article - they want it to be a standalone unit test.

but they need it to be an integration test as well.

otherwise bad things happen.

jlennoxg
2018-09-28, 02:51 PM
How do you get guidance in this build without a 3rd level of Warlock to get a tome?

8wGremlin
2018-09-28, 03:35 PM
How do you get guidance in this build without a 3rd level of Warlock to get a tome?

They are a divine soul sorcerer so they have access to all the cleric spell list.

jlennoxg
2018-09-28, 03:58 PM
They are a divine soul sorcerer so they have access to all the cleric spell list.

I totally missed that thanks!

Asmotherion
2018-09-29, 08:15 AM
I would switch Alter Self with Blur. The implication of a Warforged able to Reproduce thanks to his Magic would be too great for me to resist. XD

And I can't believe I have to reply this again, but playtest material has to be playtested in a realistic way in order to test out it's flaws, so that it can be fixed, and a playable version gets published. Multiclassing/Dipping is not only part of the game, but one of the most used practices of the game, thus this gives datta of what needs to be done to "fix" the playtest material in order to eventually get an official version.

PS: The Wayfinder's Guide Version is half-considered Playtest/UA but is also somewhat close to an official version. I don't think it's broken.

8wGremlin
2018-09-29, 03:33 PM

The Divine soul Sorcerer is official it's in Xanathar's and so is the Hexblade warlock.

The Warforged is the only think that is remotely even close to UA, and this is now Adventure's league legal