PDA

View Full Version : How do things that effect inanimate objects effect warforged?

Ralanr
2018-07-24, 03:13 PM
I’m sure this has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find it.

With the new warforged, how would they treat spells like mending and heat metal? What about rust monsters?

Unoriginal
2018-07-24, 03:14 PM
Warforged are not inanimate objects, so by definition they are not affected.

DrowPiratRobrts
2018-07-24, 03:18 PM
Warforged are not inanimate objects, so by definition they are not affected.

End of thread. Haha, such a simple answer. I love it!

Tetrasodium
2018-07-24, 03:46 PM
I’m sure this has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find it.

With the new warforged, how would they treat spells like mending and heat metal? What about rust monsters?

They are a creature because MM6 left living construct out of the types "in the game". Things like heat metal & rustmonsters hurt them & always have. Mending itself would not be likely to do more than maybe remove a scuff or something, but you could easily say that you are casting it a bunch when you spend hit dice during a rest. Here is a quote from 3,5 ECS page23

—The unusual physical construction of warforged makes them vulnerable to certain spells and effects that normally don't affect living creatures. A warforged takes damage from heat metal and chill metal as if he were wearing metal armor. Likewise. a warforged is affected by repel metal or stone as if he were wearing metal armor. A warforged is repelled by repel wood. The iron in the body of a warforged makeshim vulnerable to rusting grasp. The creature taltes
2d6 points of damage from the spell (Reflex half:save DC 14- + caster's ability modifier). A warforged takes the same damage from a rust monster‘s touch (Reflex DC [7 half). Spells such as stone to flesh. stone shape. warp wood. and wood shape affect objects only, and thus cannot be used on the stone and wood parts of a warforged.