PDA

View Full Version : Aarakocra questions

Ronnocius
2018-07-24, 03:35 PM
So I was reading through the Monster Manual again and in the first entry (the 'aarakocra') there are several figures mentioned. The ones I found most interesting were the Queen of Chaos and her 'greatest general' Mishka the Wolf Spider. Unfortunately I am a dirty uneducated peasant as 5e is my first edition and I am fairly unversed in D&D lore. A little bit of research told me that Mishka is not dead but has just been banished to Pandemonium and the Queen of Chaos is just a demon lord but she is not listed in the demons section as either a major demon lord (which gets a small amount of information about them) or even one of the minor ones who were mentioned (Fraz-Urb'luu, Zuggtmoy, Kostchtchie).
I have read Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and Volo's Guide to Monsters and as far as I remember there is no information about these entities. So I was wondering if someone could shed a little light on the matter for me. Also, are these two creatures and the Wind Dukes of Aaqa specific to any campaign setting or are they considered part of the generic 5e lore?