PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to get Shillelagh as an INT-based cantrip?

ATHATH
2018-07-24, 04:38 PM
As the title.

Ventruenox
2018-07-24, 04:53 PM
DM Fiat or Homebrew.

No brains
2018-07-24, 04:57 PM
I think in theory, one of the melee cantrips with Potent Spellcasting does about the same thing, at least for the caster's attack on their turn. The spells can't take the place of OAs or bonus action stuff.

Unoriginal
2018-07-24, 05:01 PM
Nope. Only WIS or CHA.

Naanomi
2018-07-24, 05:02 PM
Same for Magic Stone for what it matters

JackPhoenix
2018-07-24, 05:07 PM
There is, sort of. You can use Wish to duplicate its effect. Though why would you....

leogobsin
2018-07-24, 05:31 PM
There is, sort of. You can use Wish to duplicate its effect. Though why would you....

You could also maybe Wish to know a version of Shillelagh that is INT based, but that would be fully up to your DM (and you'd suffer the stress and risk never being able to cast it again).

solidork
2018-07-24, 07:01 PM
You'd have to have a level of bard and it's only once per day, but you can use a Fochlucan Bandore to cast Shillelgah and choose to use Intelligence so long as you have a class that uses Int as a spellcasting ability modifier.(You get to pick which to use if you have more than one)

ATHATH
2018-07-24, 09:21 PM
You'd have to have a level of bard and it's only once per day, but you can use a Fochlucan Bandore to cast Shillelgah and choose to use Intelligence so long as you have a class that uses Int as a spellcasting ability modifier.(You get to pick which to use if you have more than one)
... Huh. Neat.

Derpldorf
2018-07-25, 06:05 AM
As far as I know, there is no way to do this without a DM fiat.

As a DM I find it reasonable and would allow it so long so you

A: Have actually encountered it.
B: Spend the time and gold to research it and develop a way to replicate it. Or pay someone to do it.

It's fairly simple, doesn't give an unreasonable power boost, gives the player a sense of uniqueness and investment and could provide some interesting plot hooks down the road. Right up my ally.

All and all, best advice I can give you is ask your DM. Make it clear what you want and be willing to play ball to get it. They might say no, but you'll never get it if you don't ask.

Kadesh
2018-07-25, 06:26 AM
Not strictly RAW (ie, not AL) but a Cultist of Geryon able to cast Int based spells can get Shillelagh in place of one of their Cantrips known, using your casting stat.

Zeroxoz
2018-07-25, 02:12 PM
I believe a theurgy wizard from the UA arcana can get you an int shillelagh if you choose a nature cleric as your domain. Its quite an investment and takes a while to come online.