PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Abhorsen (necromancer specific class)

KittenMagician
2018-07-24, 07:44 PM
If you have read the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix you will know what im talking about. The abhorsen was a reverse necromancer that used necromancy to send the dead back to the after life battling necromancers who try to raise them. they also fight against free magic creatures. i have thought of 3 or 4 subclasses but im trying to think of a good class name. the subclasses dont have names yet either but they are essentially the abhorsen (fights against undead), the remembrancer (uses forms of necromancy to learn information and see things that have happened), and necromancer (uses similar style abilities as abhorsen but opposite). might also do a builder subclass but im not sure yet and a servant of the free magic subclass but i would need read the books again to clearly form them. so what im l;ooking for is help naming the class and subclasses that are not straight from the book. i know i can use the stuff from the book in my own homebrew games but im looking for more original ideas.

Also if you havent read the books i highly recommend them

KittenMagician
2018-07-24, 10:14 PM
If you have read the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix you will know what im talking about. The abhorsen was a reverse necromancer that used necromancy to send the dead back to the after life battling necromancers who try to raise them. they also fight against free magic creatures. i have thought of 3 or 4 subclasses but im trying to think of a good class name. the subclasses dont have names yet either but they are essentially the abhorsen (fights against undead), the remembrancer (uses forms of necromancy to learn information and see things that have happened), and necromancer (uses similar style abilities as abhorsen but opposite). might also do a builder subclass but im not sure yet and a servant of the free magic subclass but i would need read the books again to clearly form them. so what im l;ooking for is help naming the class and subclasses that are not straight from the book. i know i can use the stuff from the book in my own homebrew games but im looking for more original ideas.

Also if you havent read the books i highly recommend them

i figured it out. the main class title is Exorcist. they hunt undead and extraplanar beings.