PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A How much movement does a druid have available after they wildshape?

holywhippet
2018-07-24, 08:02 PM
Immediately after a druid wildshapes, how much movement do they have available? My first thought is they get whatever movement they had left plus the difference in speed between their old and new forms. But some forms could have less movement than what the druid normally has.

Slybluedemon
2018-07-24, 08:07 PM
Immediately after a druid wildshapes, how much movement do they have available? My first thought is they get whatever movement they had left plus the difference in speed between their old and new forms. But some forms could have less movement than what the druid normally has.

Once you change you are stuck with the movement of the wildshape.

So if you are a Human Druid, you go 30ft, change into an animal with 30ft, you can move that the extra 30ft.

But if you don't move as the druid you don't get your human movement.

leogobsin
2018-07-24, 08:09 PM
Not really sure what the strict RAW answer is, but my thought would be subtract the distance they've moved from the speed of the wildshape; if they've moved further than the speed of their wildshape then they just can't move any more that turn.

Tanarii
2018-07-24, 08:24 PM
Not really sure what the strict RAW answer is, but my thought would be subtract the distance they've moved from the speed of the wildshape; if they've moved further than the speed of their wildshape then they just can't move any more that turn.
Pretty sure that's the RAW answer. You can move up to your speed. If your speed changes to less than the amount you've already moved, you can't move any more. If it goes up, you can move the difference.

Lunali
2018-07-24, 10:29 PM
It's no different from any other change in movement speed, after you change shape you have whatever your new shape's movement is minus however far you've moved. So if you move 20ft and change into something with 40ft movement, you have 20ft left. If you move 30 and change into something with 20ft movement, you're done moving.

Ignoring the wildshape aspect, if you have walking speed of 30 and flying speed of 60, you can walk 30 then fly 30 more, but if you fly 30, you can't walk any farther.

Everstar
2018-07-25, 07:34 AM
It's no different from any other change in movement speed, after you change shape you have whatever your new shape's movement is minus however far you've moved. So if you move 20ft and change into something with 40ft movement, you have 20ft left. If you move 30 and change into something with 20ft movement, you're done moving.

Ignoring the wildshape aspect, if you have walking speed of 30 and flying speed of 60, you can walk 30 then fly 30 more, but if you fly 30, you can't walk any farther.

Exactly this.