PDA

View Full Version : Large orc brawler....what's next?

Mongoose19
2018-07-24, 09:27 PM
So a friend of mine is running a dungeon crawl type adventure and I have chosen to play an orc brawler focusing on grappling. I'm currently level 4 and have managed to get a mercanary band leader to cast enlarge person and permenancy on me in exchange for the ability to call me to arms at any point and 2000gp.
My build is:
Level 4 orc strangler (brawler archtype)
Size - large
Str - 25 + 2 belt = 27
Dex - 12
Con - 14
Int - 6
Wis - 12
Cha - 5

Feats - improved unarmed strike (had to rebuy due to archtype), improved grapple & bushwhack.

Skills - stealth & perception

Magic items - +2 belt of strength, +1 smashing danbong, hand of the mage amulet, spell storing spiked chain shirt & muleback cords (as of next session, I only just found out about them)

After my traits ( 1 official and 1 house made)
I end up with a +21 cmb to grapple & a +30 cmd vs grapples. I intend to grab greater grapple at 6. I have 7000 gp

My question is do I stay a brawler or become a basic fighter to aquire more feats that could be put towards a style chain or just more grapple feats? To be honest my primary goal was getting the enlarge person and now that I have it & a massive grapple bonus I'm just kinda wondering what I should do next.

Cheers!

Edit:(It's pathfinder)

BowStreetRunner
2018-07-24, 09:35 PM
Now that you have your grapple checks high, I would focus on improving your movement abilities. Make sure you are able to close with your opponents to grapple them. One of the most effective techniques to take down grapplers is to remain at range as long as possible. So make it hard for them to do that.

Mongoose19
2018-07-24, 09:41 PM
Boots of Striding and Springing then maybe? Or dip barbarian at 5?

Erit
2018-07-24, 09:51 PM
Boots of Striding and Springing then maybe? Or dip barbarian at 5?

Dipping Barbarian on a martial is almost always a good option; Strength/Con steroids, fast movement, bunch of ACF options and the like.

BowStreetRunner
2018-07-24, 11:08 PM
Is Path of War an option? If so, Stalker might be another alternative. Take the Alacrity art first for the speed buff, and then pick up some Broken Blade maneuvers to help with your grappling as well.

Mongoose19
2018-07-25, 01:36 PM
We are limited to core, advanced and hybrid classes so sadly I feel the stalker class is out of the question. :(