PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Comic Stip for Monthly Publication

D-Man
2007-09-11, 05:42 PM
Greetings – I am in the process of putting together a local publication in a large metropolitan market and we are looking for an individual who would be interested in doing a monthly comic strip for us.

This would be similar to OotS or Schlock Mercenary (www.schlockmercenary.com). We are looking for it to either be in the sci-fi or fantasy genre

Are you willing to work with us and us with you? Are you willing to be dedicated to a long running strip? This can be ether a once a month strip with its own individual plot every month or something with a long running plot that is ran every month.

If you are interested please send me a private message on the forum and I will get back in touch with you. If you have any questions regardless of how big or small let me know too.

Please, if you are the least be curious let me know and we can talk. If I get a GIANT response to this request then we will deal with it at that time.

Remember this could be your big break so do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks!

D-Man

mmorpc
2007-09-12, 09:57 AM
Is this paid work?

D-Man
2007-09-13, 11:59 AM
Great question! This publication is all on the back of volunteer work. For now at least.

We hope to eventually get to the point we will be able to bring on staff and pay people who contribute to this project.

The only people who are getting paid right now is the company that is printing the paper.

So to answer you question is, No.

However, if you have a website that you have work or are currently publishing comic books or things like that we will gladly promote your other work in our publication for free. So there are perks.

D-Man

mmorpc
2007-09-13, 12:58 PM
Issue one expected audience size?

D-Man
2007-09-13, 02:55 PM
Another really good question.

We are going to start out running at 5,000. Again the publication will be monthly.

We plan to run for 5,000 for the first 6 months then ramp up to 10,000. We may ramp up to 10,000 sooner depending on feedback from readers.

D-Man

mmorpc
2007-09-15, 01:46 PM
Distribution method?

Ichneumon
2007-09-15, 01:51 PM
I might be interested (make that a really really big MIGHT as I do not have much time and do not plan on making money with comics and have homework and a job and homework), but tell me, what kind of magazine is it?

EDIT: Also, I am quite sure you would not want a comic in my slyle, it is quite different and maybe to simplistic. If you are interested, tell me, I might think about it (making a second less-complicated plotline). If you are interested to see my work, see my signature.:smallsmile:

EDIT2: I made an example comic:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1294/ending001th9.png But still I would like to know more before I am going to do anything.

bongotezz
2007-09-18, 09:51 PM
is there a certain size or orientation that is required? can the comics be published on the web somewhere else or do you want brand new content? i have a superhero comic that was inspired by the oots style. it's a long running story line but it's published on drunk duck already.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Amazing_Superteam/

D-Man
2007-09-24, 11:07 AM
Bump......