PDA

View Full Version : Creating the Chibaku Tensei/Planetary Devastation from Naruto (3.5)

flappeercraft
2018-07-25, 03:30 AM
So lately I've been wondering if it would be possible to create the Chibaku Tensei justsu from Naruto under the rules from 3.5, so far I have nothing except that it might use Reverse Gravity and I believe the playground would be able to recreate it, hopefully in a way that it's at least somewhat optimal. For those who have never watched Naruto/NarutoShippuden/Boruto or just have not gone so far into it to see the technique this clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_64x83aWrw&feature=youtu.be&t=37s) and this naruto wiki (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chibaku_Tensei) link should let you know what it is. I would like to request no "D&D is not good at replicating anime" or "research a new spell that does it" kind of things since those rather frequently come up in similar topics and honestly don't really help.

Bronk
2018-07-26, 11:16 AM
It sounds like you could start with a refluffed "Proctiv's Move Mountain", an epic spell that takes the top off of a mountain, then floats it. Switch it to 'takes stuff from around where you cast it and ball it up', and amend the rest of the spell to allow you to drop it if you want.

flappeercraft
2018-07-26, 01:13 PM
It sounds like you could start with a refluffed "Proctiv's Move Mountain", an epic spell that takes the top off of a mountain, then floats it. Switch it to 'takes stuff from around where you cast it and ball it up', and amend the rest of the spell to allow you to drop it if you want.

That's a rather interesting idea, I guess epic spells do have quite a bit of customization so it should be possible and without proiblem.

Now that I think about it, maybe Greater stone shape and Reverse gravity could be used like this

Bronk
2018-07-27, 06:23 AM
That's a rather interesting idea, I guess epic spells do have quite a bit of customization so it should be possible and without proiblem.

Now that I think about it, maybe Greater stone shape and Reverse gravity could be used like this

Or maybe by summoning an earth elemental.

Looking at the Move Earth spell again, it should actually be easier to weaponize the spell than to use it for its intended purpose. The caster already controls the full movement of the mountaintop (which is a mile high and two miles across at the base!), but there's a +40DC casting adjustment to account for the sheer amount of material being moved, then the entire amount is multiplied by 5 to make it permanent, which you could just get rid of if you want to just hold it for a bit then drop it anyway. So, it's at spellcraft 280 now, but halve the mass limit (-20), get rid of the increase in casting time(+20), and don't make it permanent, and it'll be only... 56? That's super easy to cast.