PDA

View Full Version : Infinity War spoilers in Antman 2?

Thrawn4
2018-07-26, 06:30 AM
Hi.
Just a quick question:
I haven't watched infinity wars yet... can anyone tell me if there are major spoilers in the new antman Movie?

Excession
2018-07-26, 06:44 AM
Hi.
Just a quick question:
I haven't watched infinity wars yet... can anyone tell me if there are major spoilers in the new antman Movie?

Only in the post credits scene if I remember correctly.

Reddish Mage
2018-07-26, 07:05 AM
Are you telling me there is someone on this planet at this point of time that doesn’t know how Infinity War ends?

McNum
2018-07-26, 07:26 AM
Yes, the mid credits scene ties directly into the ending of Infinity War. But the main movie happens before Infinity War, so that won't spoil anything.

rooster707
2018-07-26, 10:50 AM
You should be fine as long as you leave when the credits start.

But if you care about Infinity War spoilers, you really should have watched it by now... :smallconfused:

Legato Endless
2018-07-26, 11:28 AM
Eh, people consume media at their own pace. While I don't care about spoilers personally, those who do can still ask for that consideration even if they aren't watching everything at the same time the majority are.

Some Android
2018-07-26, 11:42 AM
The only spoilers I care about in these films are what goofy thing Stan Lee does in each film. Like in Thor Ragnarok...

...he gives Chris Hemsworth a hair cut.

Zmeoaice
2018-07-26, 02:14 PM
Yes we see Hope, Janet, and Hank get turned to dust from Thanos's finger snap.

lord_khaine
2018-07-26, 04:27 PM
Dam what a sucky way to end a movie. Bam! everyone you care about in it die! :smalltongue:

Zalabim
2018-07-27, 03:00 AM
Yes, that scene is a spoiler, but it's the kind of spoiler where you might not recognize that it's a spoiler unless you know it's a spoiler for a thing. So it could also be an Easter egg*, or just a mystery, but it's very likely that it will be a spoiler.

*A rotten, spoiled Easter egg that you lost for a few months then found reeking in the summer heat, but an Easter egg of a sort all the same.

Thrawn4
2018-07-27, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the intel, everyone.:smallsmile:

Some Android
2018-07-27, 11:00 AM
I've made an observation. I've yet to see either film, but just based on previews, commercials, and the fact there's a second infinity war film here's my theory:

(I'll put it in spoilers because...I'm paranoid. Though I doubt any of this needs to be in spoilers.)

So neither Antman nor the Wasp are in Infinity War part 1. And based on the fact that there's a second Infinity War film I'm assuming Thanos survives. My theory is that if Antman and/or the Wasp are in the sequel and Thanos is defeated that means the Avengers needed the help of Antman and/or the Wasp to win - that means Antman and/or the Wasp are the (two) strongest Avengers!

Not sure if that holds any weight, but it seems like the sort of thing that might annoy certain people, so I'm just gonna be obnoxious and state it as fact in real life.:smallwink::smalltongue:

Reddish Mage
2018-07-28, 09:30 PM
Eh, people consume media at their own pace. While I don't care about spoilers personally, those who do can still ask for that consideration even if they aren't watching everything at the same time the majority are.

We can spoil our discussions in this thread, but if you go on any other sites devoted to comic-books, video-games, anime, or the like they are dropping details about the ending all over the place, and have ever since Infinity War was out for like a week. I'm amazed if the OP hasn't already had it spoiled for him. Never since "Luke, I am your father" has something been so throughly spoiled as the end of Infinity War.

Legato Endless
2018-07-30, 02:19 PM
We can spoil our discussions in this thread, but if you go on any other sites devoted to comic-books, video-games, anime, or the like they are dropping details about the ending all over the place, and have ever since Infinity War was out for like a week. I'm amazed if the OP hasn't already had it spoiled for him. Never since "Luke, I am your father" has something been so throughly spoiled as the end of Infinity War.

That's probably because you're not invested in it to the same extent, or you're on the other side of the spectrum like me. I've got a friend who's massively spoiler phobic, and she invests a lot of effort into self bubbling over this. Browser extensions, 'safe' well moderated sites, the works. There's a whole dance for people caught in the trifecta of wanting to use social media, not watching all the contemporary media but still wanting to avoid the dreaded explication of plot.

Reddish Mage
2018-07-30, 08:11 PM
That's probably because you're not invested in it to the same extent, or you're on the other side of the spectrum like me. I've got a friend who's massively spoiler phobic, and she invests a lot of effort into self bubbling over this. Browser extensions, 'safe' well moderated sites, the works. There's a whole dance for people caught in the trifecta of wanting to use social media, not watching all the contemporary media but still wanting to avoid the dreaded explication of plot.

But here’s the thing. If you want to avoid it for something like Infinity War, The best most effective safest way to ensure it doesn’t get spoiled for you is to go see the movie. I don’t think someone who really really really cares about something not being spoiled will let things go so long.

Since it’s now nearly August. If you STILL haven’t seen it, chances are you don’t want to see it in theaters at all and willing for the longer wait for rental....The OP indicated he wanted to see Ant Man (in theater) but still hasn’t seen Infinity War. My guess is the OP is somewhat tepid and picky in Superhero movie taste, doesn’t care too much to avoid spoilers, and probably knows at least the outcome but not every detail of Infinity War.

Legato Endless
2018-07-30, 09:47 PM
But here’s the thing. If you want to avoid it for something like Infinity War, The best most effective safest way to ensure it doesn’t get spoiled for you is to go see the movie. I don’t think someone who really really really cares about something not being spoiled will let things go so long.

Since it’s now nearly August. If you STILL haven’t seen it, chances are you don’t want to see it in theaters at all and willing for the longer wait for rental....The OP indicated he wanted to see Ant Man (in theater) but still hasn’t seen Infinity War. My guess is the OP is somewhat tepid and picky in Superhero movie taste, doesn’t care too much to avoid spoilers, and probably knows at least the outcome but not every detail of Infinity War.

*shrugs*

It's possible, (I can't really recall what Thrawn's preferences are here), but there's a lot of reasons not to go to a film you're still interested in. You might not be able to afford more than x number of movies per year, and Infinity war just didn't make that cutoff (but you're super into Ant-man).