PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Becoming a golem?

EldritchWeaver
2018-07-26, 10:56 AM
Someone mentioned that via magic item rules you can turn yourself into a golem somehow. Does anyone got any idea how this can work? Or an alternative way to end up as a golem?

noob
2018-07-26, 11:19 AM
Maybe with two scrolls of polymorph any object if somehow your gm ignore type restrictions on polymorph any object.
but the easiest way is to make a robotic golem (allowed since any construct can be made as a robot) then using Artificial Ascension as a psychic and now you are an ai within a robotic golem thus having all your powers and all the powers of the golem.
Do that again as many times as you want to get the powers of all the robots you want knowing that anything can be made as a construct and any construct can be made as a robot.

Telonius
2018-07-26, 11:22 AM
If you ported the "Half Golem" template (Monster Manual 2) forward to Pathfinder, that would do it.

noob
2018-07-26, 11:26 AM
If you ported the "Half Golem" template (Monster Manual 2) forward to Pathfinder, that would do it.

It is okay if doing only half of the job is fine for him.

Psyren
2018-07-26, 12:47 PM
I don't know about becoming a golem via the item creation rules, but they do allow you to wear one - basically like a suit of powered armor. Is that maybe what you're remembering?

EldritchWeaver
2018-07-26, 03:24 PM
I don't know about becoming a golem via the item creation rules, but they do allow you to wear one - basically like a suit of powered armor. Is that maybe what you're remembering?

I reread the quote before posting. So I'm not misremembering wrongly, but the writer may have been mistaken.

noob
2018-07-26, 04:05 PM

This one is in the construct crafting rules it is the option for making a construct wearable.
While constructs have points in common with magical items it is not exactly the same thing to create a construct and a magical item(the process is nearly identical however).