PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Looking For Group: Vancouver

Artemis97
2018-07-26, 09:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm Artemis, and I have recently moved to the Vancouver, BC area, to live with my fiance Destro Yersul. Things have been going pretty well, but I don't have any friends here. I was wondering if any of you playgrounders in the area might want to meet up sometime? Become friends, play games, whatever?

Thanks!

DataNinja
2018-07-26, 11:05 PM
I'm not quite in the area (live across the 'pond' in Victoria), but welcome to the West Coast. The first 's' is silent for a reason. :smalltongue:

Anyways, hope you find it enjoyable living 'round here. I know I do, but I also know Vancouver's a lot different kettle of fish.

Artemis97
2018-07-26, 11:39 PM
Thank you! It's pretty different from where I came from in Florida, but I like it. Winters aren't too harsh either.

ve4grm
2018-07-27, 11:07 AM
I'm not in Van, but I know there's a variety of board game pubs around. You may find some like-minded nerds congregating there.

Here's a short list: http://boredinvancouver.com/listing/board-game-bars-vancouver/

Euan
2018-07-29, 01:34 AM
Hello Artemis, welcome to Vancouver! I moved here a couple of years ago and found my current group via meetup. The Vancouver Roleplayers' Collective, specifically. I'd post a link but, well, turns out I've only posted the forums here a handful of times - not enough to link it. You'll find it right away with a quick google :)

ve4grm
2018-07-30, 09:41 AM
Hello Artemis, welcome to Vancouver! I moved here a couple of years ago and found my current group via meetup. The Vancouver Roleplayers' Collective, specifically. I'd post a link but, well, turns out I've only posted the forums here a handful of times - not enough to link it. You'll find it right away with a quick google :)

Here you go: https://www.meetup.com/VancouverRPers/?_cookie-check=MCVwW4gyXLxqYJM8

Artemis97
2018-07-31, 12:00 AM
Oh I love the Stormcrow Tavern, and Pizzeria Ludica is a favorite too. Too bad about the EXP bar closing though.

This RP Collective seems like a great resource, now if only I can find something that matches up with my schedule!

Thank you guys.

736dave
2021-11-05, 07:32 PM
Vancouver D&D Collective plays at The Wolf and Hound every Wednesday night and now in NewWestminster on Saturdays. We are volunteers and coordinate through Discord link: discord.gg/pg4wdRcuph

736dave
2021-11-05, 07:33 PM
... I'll add that we also have members running games in Nanaimo and Victoria, too!

Peelee
2021-11-05, 07:36 PM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Necromancy is also banned in Canada.