PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder ideas for my new toys!

finaldooms
2018-07-27, 05:44 AM
hi folks! so im playing pathfinder( i am a shatian blooded human sorcerer) with a bit of homebrew and the DM has turned my spell animate skeleton into something more unique aka i get the same skeleton everytime and it can lvl up ( with npc classes but thats fine)! for now if the skeleton dies it starts back over at lvl 1 untill we find special gems in his game/world so im going to aim to be careful with it. Oh and i roll stats for each skeleton made using the 4d6b3 system

now after talking with the DM he said i could have my skeleton learn animate skeleton if he is an adept at a lvl higher each time its cast aka.. Frank ( skele 1) can learn it at 2nd lvl spells ..(skele 2 ) can learn it at 3rd lvl (skele 3) at 4th and finally ( skele 4) at 5th for a total of 5 skeletons

my problem is i do not see a need for 5 Adepts so my goal is to get each one high enough to cast the required spell so Frank will be 1 undead/4 adept/ ?? skele 2 will be 1 undead/8 adept/???
well you get the idea ( aside from skele 4 ..who will be pure adept because by that point multi classing seems pointless at 16 adept)

what would the good folks here recommend the options be for my new skeleton friends bareing in mind the adept lvls

noob
2018-07-27, 05:56 AM
hi folks! so im playing pathfinder( i am a shatian blooded human sorcerer) with a bit of homebrew and the DM has turned my spell animate skeleton into something more unique aka i get the same skeleton everytime and it can lvl up ( with npc classes but thats fine)! for now if the skeleton dies it starts back over at lvl 1 untill we find special gems in his game/world so im going to aim to be careful with it. Oh and i roll stats for each skeleton made using the 4d6b3 system

now after talking with the DM he said i could have my skeleton learn animate skeleton if he is an adept at a lvl higher each time its cast aka.. Frank ( skele 1) can learn it at 2nd lvl spells ..(skele 2 ) can learn it at 3rd lvl (skele 3) at 4th and finally ( skele 4) at 5th for a total of 5 skeletons

my problem is i do not see a need for 5 Adepts so my goal is to get each one high enough to cast the required spell so Frank will be 1 undead/4 adept/ ?? skele 2 will be 1 undead/8 adept/???
well you get the idea ( aside from skele 4 ..who will be pure adept because by that point multi classing seems pointless at 16 adept)

what would the good folks here recommend the options be for my new skeleton friends bareing in mind the adept lvls
So it is a change of rule on which animate skeleton(there is multiple animate skeleton spells in pathfinder).
the first one I see is instantaneous and allows only one skeleton at a time(with possibly an infinity of hit dice if you find a medium creature with an infinity of rhd)
The other one is also instantaneous and gives you up to 1 skeleton per cl with at most Cr1 each and you can not go above that cap in controlled skeletons.
the spell you describe is entirely different from the two versions I did read since you "get the same skeleton each time until the skeleton die" which suggests it have a duration while if it was like the normal ones it would be "I get a skeleton that lasts forever until it die"

finaldooms
2018-07-27, 05:59 AM
So it is a change of rule on which animate skeleton(there is multiple animate skeleton spells in pathfinder).
the first one I see is instantaneous and allows only one skeleton at a time(with possibly an infinity of hit dice if you find a medium creature with an infinity of rhd)
The other one is also instantaneous and gives you up to 1 skeleton per cl with at most Cr1 each and you can not go above that cap in controlled skeletons.
the spell you describe is entirely different from the two versions I did read since you "get the same skeleton each time until the skeleton die" which suggests it have a duration while if it was like the normal ones it would be "I get a skeleton that lasts forever until it die"

oh sorry.. its a change of the 1st lvl spell animate skeleton which has a limit of 1 skeleton that can only be medium ( pretty much after casting the spell i lost it and it turned into summon Frank the skeleton using the same requirements)

noob
2018-07-27, 09:07 AM
oh sorry.. its a change of the 1st lvl spell animate skeleton which has a limit of 1 skeleton that can only be medium ( pretty much after casting the spell i lost it and it turned into summon Frank the skeleton using the same requirements)

So he gave you a "summon skelly that levels up in npc classes" spell(which is probably a bit too much powerful but it is the case of the summon monster spell line).
Adept is in fact a quite good npc class.
Also adepts gets familiars(level 2 class feature) so you get a familiar army in addition to your skeleton army(and the familiars does not stops existing when the skeletons goes away so now you have to watch after a bunch of animals so make sure your skeletons picks familiars that does not hate each other).

finaldooms
2018-07-27, 06:05 PM
i didnt really want 5 skeleton adepts though lol ..the plan was 4 adept/something else and 1 not an adept
so my first 4 would be 4/something 8/something 12/something then 16/something ( although thats probly guna end up being a straight 20 adept) and lastly a something not adept

also ..is there any reason why my adept skeletons CAN'T wear heavy armor? since they cast as divine?

noob
2018-07-27, 06:35 PM
i didnt really want 5 skeleton adepts though lol ..the plan was 4 adept/something else and 1 not an adept
so my first 4 would be 4/something 8/something 12/something then 16/something ( although thats probly guna end up being a straight 20 adept) and lastly a something not adept

also ..is there any reason why my adept skeletons CAN'T wear heavy armor? since they cast as divine?

You can give them armour if they are proficient with it(or else the penalties are just gigantic(even if they do not apply to casting)) and do not forget the extra familiars.
the familiars can swap to having you as their master if you give them the right familiar archetype.(in theory a familiar could pick itself as a master with the right archetype then win at dnd by using duplicate familiar on itself once it gets enough levels in wizard to have it)