PDA

View Full Version : Things you never get tired of

danzibr
2018-07-27, 07:09 AM
Have any? Other than mundane things like... breathing.

For me... I started making this thread thinking yeah, but the more I think about it, I need a break from anything I do. Reading, studying, playing games, working, spending time with family.

However, when it comes to gaming, there are a couple games I never tire of. I'd play them over and over and over. Right now what comes to mind is Phantasy Star IV. Never a dull moment (except Garubek Tower).

AuthorGirl
2018-07-27, 07:24 PM
Tea. I like to always have some to sip at.

All actual activities become tiring, though.

Some Android
2018-07-28, 09:31 PM
Hans Moleman Production's Man Getting Hit by Football

Perficio
2018-07-29, 03:20 AM
Cuddly cats kneeding and purring

Sushi

2D8HP
2018-07-29, 09:26 AM
Pretty much every thing that I really liked as a teenager and young twenty-something back in the 20th century I still like (Casablanca, Dungeons & Dragons, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Ramones, The Wizard of Earthsea, et cetera).

I still think me wife (who I met in 1990) still looks beautiful as well.

Of more recent stuff?

I still like the novel and short stories of Susanna Clarke, most of which were published in the 21st century, and I still enjoy the George R.R. Martin vs. J.R.R. Tolkien Epic Rap Battle of History which I've watched and/or listened to msny times.

I just checked back and looked at my post at the old What do you enjoy? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?530953-What-do-you-enjoy) thread:

In no particular order here are some things I do for fun.

1) Riding a bicycle in quiet streets.

2) Listening to old songs.

3) Making funny faces at an infant and getting them to laugh.

4) Chocolate.

5) Stew.

6) A pint of Ale while reading an entertaining book
(The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman was a fun recent read).

7) Sitting under a tree while reading an entertaining book
(Prisoner of Zenda by Alexander Hope has been good so far).

8) Watching Rick Steve's Travels in Europe on Television.

9) Watching Rich Trethewey fix a plumbing problem on Ask This Old House
(watching someone else do the work is relaxing).

10) Watching cooking shows!

11) Planting Crimson Clover before the rains and watching it grow.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Trifolium_incarnatum.jpg/220px-Trifolium_incarnatum.jpg

(I like flowers and round leaves more than lawn grass).

12) This Forum.

13) Getting and reading books.
(It's a rare month that I don't go to multiple bookstores and spend hundreds of dollars, buying books or games)..

and it's all still valid.

I just don't do "growth and change".

Ninja_Prawn
2018-07-30, 03:15 AM
My cat, definitely. I think she gets tired of me sometimes though.

Worms Armageddon. Timeless.

All my favourite bands; I guess this property is how they became 'favourites'. Mogwai, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Rise Against, Sleater-Kinney... Never get tired of them.

Oh, and chocolate, marshmallow, marzipan, Pepsi max and vanilla coke. Curse of the sweet tooth!

That's about all I can think of right now.

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-07-30, 03:31 AM
11) Planting Crimson Clover before the rains and watching it grow.

Eating some wild clover whenever I come across it, particularly red clover.

vladimir520
2018-08-29, 02:31 PM
I never get tired of weird useless overcomplicated schemes. I'm obsessed

Knaight
2018-08-29, 02:51 PM
Literally nothing, once the breathing exemption is taken care of - and even then I'd only apply it to literal subconscious physical processes (heartbeat, cellular osmosis, etc.). When I was very young I had the temperament to do the same thing over and over again basically indefinitely, but I'm pretty sure that was gone when I was 6. Eventually I'll get bored of whatever I'm doing, it's just a matter of time.

Some of these are likely beyond the population standard time-to-boredom. Most notably I'll still listen to one song on repeat occasionally, sometimes for half an hour or so.

Zergh
2018-08-29, 06:18 PM
Reading, lots of it and still got list to do...

Beer. :smallsigh: