PDA

View Full Version : Building a hunter in DND 5e (bloodborne)

Bannan_mantis
2018-07-28, 06:11 AM
I am thinking about how you could create a hunter from blood borne in DND and what classes would fit them. There are different types of hunters so you would need to think about what type of hunter you are going for as well. For this I would like to hear and see how other people would build one using official rules only

Jackaccount
2018-07-28, 12:00 PM
Probably some variety of rogue, monk, or ranger in that order.

Douche
2018-07-31, 04:48 PM
Arcane build would be Warlock, obviously... Spellcasting is very limited - by the amount of quicksilver bullets you have. Having an electric mace would be cool too, but that'd obviously be homebrew.

TBH the Blood Hunter from Matt Mercer is already so many edgy archetypes... he supposedly made it for Vin Diesel's character from the Witch Hunter or whatever.... but tbh it's much closer to the Good Hunter, or even the Witcher. Then again I never saw that Vin Diesel movie, but the point is that it's quite obviously inspired by a lot of video game tropes.

Aside from that, you could pretty much justify any martial class if you really want. It's what you make of it, cuz there's nothing that's really directly Bloodborne-esque... except the Revenant race maybe.