PDA

View Full Version : Radiant as sunlight.

Siah5
2018-07-28, 06:53 AM
My question is would you say radiant light is like sun light? Like if a player was a aasimir and use his corpoliol wings and emits radiant light would u say it can hurt creatures sensitive to light?.

Unoriginal
2018-07-28, 06:55 AM
My question is would you say radiant light is like sun light? Like if a player was a aasimir and use his corpoliol wings and emits radiant light would u say it can hurt creatures sensitive to light?.

No, sunlight is a specific thing, different from radiant damage. Only a few spells and magic items can produce sunlight, and those who do are clearly described as such.

Kadesh
2018-07-28, 08:02 AM
You may fluff as such, but there is no effect ither than what is stated.

I am currently running an Eladrin Cloud Giant Sorcerer who in Winter form uses Blight, and Summer form uses Sickening Radiance, based around Drought mechanics, and bamfs around in little dust storms, also using spells like Dust Devil and Gust of Wind. His spells use Sun, Dust, Drought and Famine based imagery rather than fire. He is continually eating and drinking, despite appearing skeletal and dehydrated.

The imagery you put across in your spells is much more worthwhile than just 'Radiant = Sun i' ll use every Radiant Spell' i.e Moonbeam is explicitly not Sunbeams (a later spell).