PDA

View Full Version : Out of the abyss fissures

Siah5
2018-07-28, 07:48 AM
My question is im about to run out of abyss and saw fissures. And my question is what happens if my players wanna jump into a fissure?. I try googleing fissures but didnt see much so maybe you all can help me.

Kadesh
2018-07-28, 07:53 AM
A fissure is a gap in the rock. The adventure should detail what exactly the fissures contain, if anything (ie Gricks, Lava or a secret passage to the Whorlstone Caves, or something more mundane, like rovulets of water).

Siah5
2018-07-28, 07:56 AM
Isnt a fissure a rift open because of the demigorgon?

Kadesh
2018-07-28, 08:21 AM
There are many cracks. Iirc that one specifically (assuming you mean the one in the Derro's warrens in Gracklstugh) mentioned leads to the Whorlstone caves, and is visible due to the Faezress spilling out (although I think its just a general cause of the demon princes rather than one specific one).

There is no specific effect on the party unless you include the effects of the Faezress in those tunnels.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2018-07-28, 08:34 AM
Isnt a fissure a rift open because of the demigorgon?

No, a fissure is a physical rock formation caused by cracking or shearing. They're long, thin, and often quite deep. There might be something dwelling in it, or the primary hazard might be a lot of falling damage.

Caesar
2018-07-28, 08:38 AM
No, a fissure is a physical rock formation caused by cracking or shearing. They're long, thin, and often quite deep. There might be something dwelling in it, or the primary hazard might be a lot of falling damage.

You can get fissures other places too.... :smalleek: