PDA

View Full Version : Level 20 End Fight! DM HELP PLEASE!!

SMac8988
2018-07-28, 08:09 AM
Hello lurkers and comments!

I dm a stream group and we started a new campaign for the stream but they have been asking about the last campaign we played a lot. So we have decided for our current follower goal we would do the last fight of the last campaign, since the two stories connect.

I've never done a full out level 20, fully equipped end game fight before and am looking for advice.

It's a single shot, and is meant to be beyond a deadly level encounter. They are a party of 6, and will be fully equipped, with powerful custom magic items.

So ya, HELP!

Exocist
2018-07-28, 08:23 AM
Throw in a Big Boss + Some mooks maybe?

Suggestions:

Tiamat + Ancient Chromatic Dragon
All 4 Elemental Evils (Imix + Ogremoch + Yan-C-Bin + Olhydra) and some cultists or Maegera the Dawn Titan

Caesar
2018-07-28, 08:35 AM
Totally not enough information, but regardless a lvl 20 end-of-the-game encounter should be more about massive plot weaving rather than the mechanics of the battle, as the game is fully broken at that point anyhow.

SMac8988
2018-07-28, 08:45 AM
Quick version of the story.

In their very very first major encounter the slayed a super ancient blue dragon. He was so old his body was broken down and his mind was warped. He believed himself to be immortal and, well he was wrong. They blasted him apart, in more of a cut scene then a legit fight.

They delved into his horde and found a unique, and unidentifiable stone. Welp he had transcended to a dracolitch and the stone was his soul stone.

Cut forward a few months. When the bring the stone before the remains of an extincted dragon spieces and the soul latches to it, slowly rebuilding itself in it's new host. The remains were a trophy and the dragon has used it powers ti infect and manipulate the leader.

The fight is called the end if the Dragon Wars. Where basically this dracolitch has formed an alliance with 5 other ancient dragons, an army of men, and sever other unsavory individuals. The party will have several small armies to send off to deal with other issues. But I want their fights to be these epic level encounters, filled with more than just meat tanks