PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Lost Mines of Phandelver Faction Mission Ideas

Archerlord
2018-07-28, 10:07 AM
Heya, it's me again. Warning: spoilers for the Lost Mines of Phandelver starter module are here.

So, my players successfully defended Phandalin from the Red Brands, and now, it's time they venture out to the rest of the Sword Coast. My dragonborn barbarian personally executed Iarno, and was invited to join the Zhentarim by Halia. Now, the module states that being a member means that he will be spying on his party, but I would rather offer secret missions that he can do throughout the story.

It is also worth mentioning that once the Black Spider is defeated, we'll be getting straight into Storm King's Thunder, so if there are faction mission ideas stemming from that campaign, it will be of great assistance.

Callak_Remier
2018-07-30, 04:47 PM
As a new member the character shouldn't be in the know. So having them deliver an item. To a drop box, Is good to start. Have the faction patron teach them the meanings of items placed in drop boxes. 3 orange pips& a name means an assasination mission etc, 1 means mark and follow etc. A silver piece pickpocket a specific mark ( A drop box can be anything with the guild seal a tankard for example)
Some good late night missions being the watchman for a burglary( he doesn't know who he's working with)
Be an extortion thug. Have a few unknown NPC's work with him and take the lead on missions.