PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Wierd witch musings

ScarletThief
2018-07-29, 11:05 AM
So I'm setting up a character for my first campaign in a good while using a elf witch and the broken one archetype and after musing over backstory and race noticed that crossbow master was an option for elves and was wondering if a crossbow wielding caster using it as a primary weapon due to meddled mentals would be a viable plan or at the very least entertaining by others opinion.

Kurald Galain
2018-07-29, 11:21 AM
wondering if a crossbow wielding caster using it as a primary weapon due to meddled mentals would be a viable plan

It would not be particularly effective, no. What's the point of a caster who doesn't cast?

ScarletThief
2018-07-29, 11:27 AM
The idea was that due to the way the archetype functions she will begin play with 6 intelligence so making her rely on weapons rather than magic until later levels seemed like an interesting quirk compared to most casters

Andor13
2018-07-29, 11:46 AM
The idea was that due to the way the archetype functions she will begin play with 6 intelligence so making her rely on weapons rather than magic until later levels seemed like an interesting quirk compared to most casters

Well, as I read the broken one archetype, the characters intelligence of 6 doesn't matter for casting purposes, as she is basically a marionette for the familiar. A slightly more vicious twist on the Magical Girl, basically.

That said, it would make perfect sense for such a cripple to cart around a crossbow, and act like a very stupid sniper, until the familiar uses her to cast a spell, possibly much to her surprise.

Whether that's entertaining for you and your group, is up to you.

Note that it's a 3rd party archetype, so make sure to run it by your GM.

ScarletThief
2018-07-29, 12:10 PM
Yeah I talked with her today and she says it sounds wierd but not bad, also she thibk Sarnak is the dumbest elf she's ever heard of