PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw Hobbit called it four years ago

137beth
2018-07-30, 05:45 PM
So I was reading through an old thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?332162-The-Superior-Durkon) and I saw this:

I'll bet you my firstborn child Durkon's soul does something at the last minute to prevent Vampire Durkon from doing something terrible.
Which was originally posted February 2014. If you scroll down, it appears several people took him up on his "bet."

Well played, Chainsaw Hobbit.

Kish
2018-07-30, 05:48 PM
So Chainsaw Hobbit gets the firstborn children of TaiLu, Envyus, and Mastikator.

Goblin_Priest
2018-07-30, 05:51 PM
Technically, he didn't prevent anything yet, as far as we know.

ThePhantasm
2018-07-30, 06:43 PM
That's a pretty generic prediction. And a safe one too, given the level to which this has been foreshadowed.

Rrmcklin
2018-07-30, 06:58 PM
Yeah, that's pretty vague and just follows how stories usually go.

Oxenstierna
2018-07-30, 07:35 PM
Clearly a future in astrology and palm-reading awaits Chainsaw Hobbit! I’m not convinced this vague prophesy has been accurate though. As the ‘one last memory’ bet was before the dispel and dominate gaze attacks, it’s not exactly a last-minute situation. With a couple of luckier rolls, the Order could well have won the fight (that’s the ‘save or die’ mechanism baked into the D&D system for you). Then the ‘something terrible’. Killing the Order? That’s unfortunate; but they’re heroes. It’s a occupational hazard. Greg made sure the plans for destroying the world are still going on without him.

KorvinStarmast
2018-07-30, 07:54 PM
Clearly a future in astrology and palm-reading awaits Chainsaw Hobbit! I’m not convinced this vague prophesy has been accurate though. As the ‘one last memory’ bet was before the dispel and dominate gaze attacks, it’s not exactly a last-minute situation. With a couple of luckier rolls, the Order could well have won the fight (that’s the ‘save or die’ mechanism baked into the D&D system for you). Then the ‘something terrible’. Killing the Order? That’s unfortunate; but they’re heroes. It’s a occupational hazard. Greg made sure the plans for destroying the world are still going on without him.
Prophesy has to be always a little bit vague, doesn't it? Oedipus Rex thinks so. :smallbiggrin:

PontificatusRex
2018-07-30, 08:03 PM
I just can't believe that Durkon was vampirized four years ago. That long, really? Who hit the fast forward button on this timeline?

Takver
2018-07-30, 08:47 PM
Vague, maybe, but since so many people took them up on the bet, it didn't seem like a safe prediction to everyone at the time. I remember guessing that the Order would have to figure out that the vampire wasn't Durkon, and rescue him, since he was clearly powerless.

martianmister
2018-07-31, 07:38 AM
So Chainsaw Hobbit gets the firstborn children of TaiLu, Envyus, and Mastikator.

It's a good thing then none of them are around here anymore.