PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Adventurers League DM Rewards

Grear Bylls
2018-07-30, 10:24 PM
Hello adventurers!

I've recently come across the rewards for DMing an Adventurers League game, and have some questions. I was checking out the official AL page, and it says you can run Lost Mines of Phandelver as an AL game at your house. My question is this: if I do this, do I get access to season 7 DM rewards? I've run games before, and I've invited a player to run. Additionally, a new player will be joining us. Even though it's a home game, I'm still fulfilling the reward requirements for the Zealot of Oghma reward, and my friend is fulfilling the bounty hunter reward, do I still get access to the benefits of these rewards? Also, if I do, how do I track that these rewards are legal? Somehow on a log sheet or what?

All help is appreciated

Theodoxus
2018-07-30, 10:27 PM
Yes, you get access to the DM rewards. There's a specific DM log in the AL DM's guide PDF to track all your quest objectives.

NaughtyTiger
2018-07-31, 08:21 AM
There are 2 types of DM bonuses: DM Rewards and DM Quests
DM Rewards (XP, gold, dt from a chart https://restinford.wordpress.com/2018/03/12/ddal-dm-rewards-by-season/) are based on time played

DM Quests are extra bonuses for doing certain things (like joining their twitter feeds or running all the TOA modules)
if you start before aug 30, you use the Season 7 DM Quest card (including Initiatite, first time, but not Cursed DM and TOA specific stuff)
the new season (8) starts aug 30, and we would use the Season 8 DM Quest card (not released yet)

HOWEVER,
as of aug 30, AL is completely revamping XP, gold, treasure for players and DM Rewards. (as in no more XP, level based on time played, and gold and treasure only as you level)
we do not now how DM quests will be affected.

Darkbru
2018-07-31, 11:47 AM
There are 2 types of DM bonuses: DM Rewards and DM Quests
DM Rewards (XP, gold, dt from a chart https://restinford.wordpress.com/2018/03/12/ddal-dm-rewards-by-season/) are based on time played

DM Quests are extra bonuses for doing certain things (like joining their twitter feeds or running all the TOA modules)
if you start before aug 30, you use the Season 7 DM Quest card (including Initiatite, first time, but not Cursed DM and TOA specific stuff)
the new season (8) starts aug 30, and we would use the Season 8 DM Quest card (not released yet)

HOWEVER,
as of aug 30, AL is completely revamping XP, gold, treasure for players and DM Rewards. (as in no more XP, level based on time played, and gold and treasure only as you level)
we do not now how DM quests will be affected.

Just to be a negative-Nancy, I'm going to suggest that DM rewards in season 8 will suck about as much, or more so, than the player rewards in season 8.