PDA

View Full Version : "Girl Power." The card game, w.i.p.

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-07-31, 04:03 AM
Hey! I have also made a theme for the girl card game! In this game, you get six types of 'card deck themes' where you play a race car base ball card style game, mixed with tokens and a magic the gathering aspect too, for girls.

Yes I am male.

But, in this game, you will get about sixty cards or more to build your deck from. The colours are yellow, red, blue, green, orange, and purple, being the primary and secondary colour spectrum, and, unassigned at this time, the themes are

[1] Jewels, jewelry and ceremonies. Will be dazzle spells, models to fight, get more tokens by sacrificing items, weddings for land for best men units and bride's maids, security to fight?

[2] Animals and pets. Rottweillers, bunnies, fish, elephants, endangered species, units mostly, and, diseases.

[3] Drinks shots and ciders. Shots are like once off spells, ciders eliminate other units, maybe a few 'yuppy' or 'playa' units?

[4] Brands and labels. Spells and cheap units type of tactics. Dolce and Gabanna, Versace, models, make up armour, etc.

[5] Cars and property. Hard to get cards out for, but will crush other decks. Cars are like the rats, more like elves, if you ask me, and the houses grant you more manna and lands, sort of, and, can be used to do other things.

[6] Women in history. Will be 'suicide units' and 'spells,' basically. Also capable of fighting, sort of.

How does that strike you? I know someone will play, but, I aim at bridging the gap between girls that want to spend time with their men, and, men wanting to play games, of course.

Sholos
2018-07-31, 10:38 AM
What did I just read with my own two eyes...

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-07-31, 10:48 AM
As a fellow guy, I think there is a mismatch of tones in here somewhere. Most of this seems to be aimed at a kind of "girls' night in" setting for woman of say 16 and over. Drinks, expensive clothes and make-up, and for some reason cars instead of hunks, celebs or vacation destinations. But then the game suddenly turns serious and includes a part about women in history. I play Madonna and Dolce Cabana! Well I play Marie Curie and Rosa Parks! To me it seems like that goes against the mood of the game. And almost as if to recognize this, these cards are the "suicide" units. Cleopatra had to be mentioned here, but she must disappear from the table as quickly as possible again. It feels weird. The theme of your game is basically "everything feminine or to do with women in any way". That's really broad, you can probably improve by ditching part of that. And since the core of your game seems to be about light hearted party fun, I'd probably go in that direction. Make it easy to pick up and play, have deck building/selection as part of the game itself rather than something that soaks up a lot of time outside it. Deck building/trading card etc games in general aren't great party games to begin with, you often can't just throw a random person in there and expect them to have fun. But if you keep it simple enough and have good multiplayer rules, it might work. As for women in history, I wouldn't go any darker than Marilyn Monroe, on her good days. Either that, or create a serious game about women in history and maybe feminist issues ad such. And don't do it as a deck builder.

EDIT: Now I'm trying to imagine a male version of the same concept, and that might actually be something I might play, if I could tell the sports star cards apart well enough.

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-07-31, 12:18 PM
As a fellow guy, I think there is a mismatch of tones in here somewhere. Most of this seems to be aimed at a kind of "girls' night in" setting for woman of say 16 and over. Drinks, expensive clothes and make-up, and for some reason cars instead of hunks, celebs or vacation destinations. But then the game suddenly turns serious and includes a part about women in history. I play Madonna and Dolce Cabana! Well I play Marie Curie and Rosa Parks! To me it seems like that goes against the mood of the game. And almost as if to recognize this, these cards are the "suicide" units. Cleopatra had to be mentioned here, but she must disappear from the table as quickly as possible again. It feels weird. The theme of your game is basically "everything feminine or to do with women in any way". That's really broad, you can probably improve by ditching part of that. And since the core of your game seems to be about light hearted party fun, I'd probably go in that direction. Make it easy to pick up and play, have deck building/selection as part of the game itself rather than something that soaks up a lot of time outside it. Deck building/trading card etc games in general aren't great party games to begin with, you often can't just throw a random person in there and expect them to have fun. But if you keep it simple enough and have good multiplayer rules, it might work. As for women in history, I wouldn't go any darker than Marilyn Monroe, on her good days. Either that, or create a serious game about women in history and maybe feminist issues ad such. And don't do it as a deck builder.

EDIT: Now I'm trying to imagine a male version of the same concept, and that might actually be something I might play, if I could tell the sports star cards apart well enough.

Thanks for the feedback. Okay, women in history would then be for the other, for lack of a better word, 'green or blue cards,' yes?

It is hard to keep it simple, I was thinking of using different types of 'lands,' like credit, gardens, tips, stylists, capital and heritage.

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-07-31, 06:17 PM
After considering what @Lvl 2 Expert said, I have considered the following simplified combat;

[1] Each card will be a resources card or a unit or a spell.

[2] Each spell will deal power damage to the unit or player.

[3] Each unit will have 'simplified combat.' They will not have attack and defence, but rather just 'power score.' If units of equal power attack each other, they both die. If one of a higher power attacks, and, is blocked by a lower power, the lower power dies, and the higher power is "recovering." If there is nothing blocking a power card, the player loses one of fifteen tokens.

[4] 'Spells' must be cast at players, but can be blocked by units.

There we go, how does that sound for simplification? :smallsmile:

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-08-01, 01:29 AM
(I'm going to intentionally shut up at least until some members of the target demographic have replied. With kids games you don't always have that luxury in every step of the process, but in most other cases feedback from the intended players is the best feedback. Although on a really quick note: I think attack and defense values would be just fine. That's a broad rule that carries on through the entire game, people pick that up really quickly. I was thinking simple as in not having 5 different types of cards some of which need three different kinds of counters and every single card has a special power that interferes with a general rule and... You know, confusing stuff.)

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-08-12, 05:58 PM
I was thinking for images of the cards, we could use simple animation studios rendering images off the net? This would be where people get to be immortalized in a card game, and, there are so many animation studios that it defies the odds of failure.