4th – Phantasmal Killer
5th – Dominate Person

1st ability – Shielded Mind
- Gain Vicious Mockery
- Proficient in wisdom saving throws
6th ability - Mental Blades
- Reroll 1s and 2s on Psychic damage
14th ability - Mental deflection
- If you succeed in a wisdom saving throw you can spend sorcery points = to the attacking spell to deflect the spell back at the caster as a reaction. Can only do this once per short rest.
18th ability - Fortified Dominance
- Dominated creatures do not make saving throws upon taking damage

Have no idea about the story background for this. Friend suggested like an Illithid bloodline? Idk though.

Amnoriath
2018-07-31, 09:07 PM
Bored at work, made this, let me know what you think:

Mindbender – Sorcerer Archetype

Additional spells
1st – Dissonant Whispers
2nd – Detect Thoughts
3rd – Enemies Abound
4th – Phantasmal Killer
5th – Dominate Person

1st ability – Shielded Mind
- Gain Vicious Mockery
- Proficient in wisdom saving throws
6th ability - Mental Blades
- Reroll 1s and 2s on Psychic damage
14th ability - Mental deflection
- If you succeed in a wisdom saving throw you can spend sorcery points = to the attacking spell to deflect the spell back at the caster as a reaction. Can only do this once per short rest.
18th ability - Fortified Dominance
- Dominated creatures do not make saving throws upon taking damage

Have no idea about the story background for this. Friend suggested like an Illithid bloodline? Idk though.

1st level, full stop, no, absolutely no no. A proficiency in a save as a first level ability is completely unheard. Wisdom saves are arguably the best save in the game and you are giving it with a cantrip and bonus spells just is way too good.
6th level, ehhh, yeah only a few spells deal psychic damage you get a few so it is okay and gets you there.
14th level, hmm, wisdom isn't a priority a stat for a Sorcerer so even with proficiency you are going to be behind in defending it so useful but may not even come up once per short rest.
18th level, simple and solid, ultimately though something like this maybe should have had something else to make lackeys as final levels ought to build on previous abilities.

Skyblaze
2018-07-31, 09:36 PM
Mk so I get the no wis save at 1st level, you could have just said "hey its too powerful". So bump that to level 6 with the psychic damage? If so, what else could go on 1st level.

Skyblaze
2018-07-31, 09:38 PM
For the 14th level ability. Do you think removing the once per short rest rule would make it lighter? Still have to pay sorcerery points

For the 18th lvl, i wanted to make it different than the great old one 14th lvl thrall ability.

Crisis21
2018-07-31, 10:18 PM
I'd move the Wisdom save to 14th level if you're going to give it at all.

As for the 18th level one, I'd advise being careful about disallowing saves. That can come back to bite players hard.

BerzerkerUnit
2018-08-02, 04:20 PM
Just because we haven't seen an additional save proficiency at first doesn't automatically mean it's broken. As is you get a weak cantrip and an additional spell known, I think the additional save is fine.

At the very least you might make it "at the end of any rest you can choose to move your Charisma Save proficiency to any of your mental attributes."

I might even go for "as a reaction you can add your proficiency bonus to an Int/Wis/Charisma save" once per short rest. beginning at level 2 you can spend a sorcery point to do this again."

At level 6 I'd let you add Charisma to psychic damage as well.

I'd swap the 14 and 18, you're going to get a lot more utility out of the 14, I'd rathter the player enjoy it longer.