PDA

View Full Version : Fiendish one shot - ideas, please!

Quoxis
2018-08-02, 05:39 AM
Playgrounders, the time has come.
I will GM for a group of beginners, mainly because i‘m the only one in my social circle who knows how to play D&D, a fact i want to change.

I already have a group of players, some of which already made their characters, and to make it as pleasant to them as possible (as they’re mainly doing it out of curiosity and so that i‘ll stop nagging about them having to try it) i asked whether they had wishes for topics or a general idea about what opponents to face. Bad idea in retrospect, but that doesn’t matter now.

Does anyone have good sources for one-shots aimed for total beginners, preferably including demons/devils of sorts?
Even if not, feel free to share ideas for fiend themed plots, encounters (not specifically combat ones) and general tips for making it as interesting as possible, or to rant how incredibly stupid i am for including noobs into the forming stage of a game.

BLC1975
2018-08-02, 05:48 AM
Playgrounders, the time has come.
I will GM for a group of beginners, mainly because i‘m the only one in my social circle who knows how to play D&D, a fact i want to change.

I already have a group of players, some of which already made their characters, and to make it as pleasant to them as possible (as they’re mainly doing it out of curiosity and so that i‘ll stop nagging about them having to try it) i asked whether they had wishes for topics or a general idea about what opponents to face. Bad idea in retrospect, but that doesn’t matter now.

Does anyone have good sources for one-shots aimed for total beginners, preferably including demons/devils of sorts?
Even if not, feel free to share ideas for fiend themed plots, encounters (not specifically combat ones) and general tips for making it as interesting as possible, or to rant how incredibly stupid i am for including noobs into the forming stage of a game.

I would use Matt Colville's Delian Tomb for total beginners.

Quoxis
2018-08-02, 01:01 PM
I would use Matt Colville's Delian Tomb for total beginners.

Thanks, i immediately „bought“ it (free on DMsguild) and will look into it this weekend.
Any more ideas, anyone?