PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Fighters/blood hunter

berserker7878
2018-08-03, 02:27 AM
Hey, have 2 or 3 questions for the sub class blood hunter.

I'm a goliath chaotique good, Fighter lv 6, my way is 'brut' it's the none official way but i didn't play in pro..
the BRUT have additional damage if attak touch, lv 3 its 1D4 by attak

i realy like the sub class blood hunter for my goliath, because the additional damage crimson rite is verry good, and for me the price of crimson rite isn't realy bad, i have 70 PV, and i like the idea to play a buffy vs the vampire hehe

My stats lv 6 fighter

For 19
DEX 14
CON 18
WID 8
INT 8
CHA 8

my damage by attak is 1D8 +10, i have 2 attak , have a shield +2 AC and a elfique sword. have ability duel +2 dmg by attak if i attak with one sword.

1- My first question is: the best repartition is 17-3?
2- 2sc question: i think I have to take 2 sword, and after to take the abilitys two weapons, additional dmg for the second attak, take a competence score for dmg.
3- I read on the forum, it's optimal to take the sub class in lv 11, because it's cool to take the third attak, but for my scenario and my team it's interesting in role play to take the sub class now. it's realy bad to take the sub class for the lv 7
4- for me, after lv 12-13 all the monster have +10-12 to touch, and for me the shield it's not opti after this lv, i have 18 AC and +2 with the shield = 20 AC, but if the monster have +10-12 to touch the monster always touch with or without shield

PS: sorry my english it's bad, i'm french

thank's for the reply

Spectrulus
2018-08-03, 02:08 PM
Hey, have 2 or 3 questions for the sub class blood hunter.

I'm a goliath chaotic good, Fighter lv 6, my way is 'brute' it's the none official way but i didn't play in pro..
the brute have additional damage if attack hits, lvl 3 its + 1D4 by attack

I realy like the sub class Blood Hunter for my goliath, because the additional damage crimson rite is very good, and for me the price of crimson rite isn't realy bad, i have 70 HP and i like the idea of playing a buffy vs the vampire hehe

My stats lv 6 fighter

STR 19
DEX 14
CON 18
WID 8
INT 8
CHA 8

my damage by attack is 1D8 +10, i have 2 attack , have a shield +2 AC and a elvish sword. I have the fighting style Dueling +2 dmg by attack if i attack with one sword.

1- My first question is the best balance 17 Fighter -3 Blood Hunter?

It could be a fine balance, adding 1d4 elemental damage on attacks but losing fourth attack from Fighter 20 if you make it that far.

2- 2nd question: i think I have to take 2 sword, and after to take the abilities two weapons, additional dmg for the second attak, take a competence score for dmg.

If you did that it wouldn't benefit from your Dueling fighting style, which leans you more into keeping the "sword and board" you are currently using.

3- I read on the forum, it's optimal to take the sub class in lv 11, because it's cool to take the third attak, but for my scenario and my team it's interesting in role play to take the sub class now. Is it realy bad to take the sub class for the 7th level?

You could really go either way. Personally I find role-playing to be more fun than being the best fighter. For flavor you could switch to blood Hunter going forward as it is your character's new motivation.

4- for me, after lv 12-13 all the monster have +10-12 to hit, and for me the shield it's not optimal after this level, I have 18 AC and +2 with the shield = 20 AC, but if the monster have +10-12 to touch the monster always hit with or without shield

Your AC can go higher with magic armor + shields, while it is true higher level monsters hit more often, not getting hit is still a good idea.

PS: sorry my english it's bad, i'm french

thank's for the reply

berserker7878
2018-08-04, 12:09 PM
Ok,

That's what I thought for the fourth attack, but I'm very far. For the shield I really think that 2 swords are more optimal because, I am more an attacker, than a deffender. After I could have level 12 or 13 of the fighter, another archetype material, so I would take the advantage two weapons.
I think that with a good armor and magic objects I can overcome the problem of the shield, because I need to do damage.

I can crimson rite for two weapon and have two different element and for me this option it's more effective.

Thk for the reply :)