PDA

View Full Version : Company of Heroes

Lord Herman
2007-09-12, 12:00 PM
Does anyone else play it?

I love this game. The realism, the nifty gameplay elements, and the general atmosphere are great. I wasn't really into WW2 games before, but this one is awesome.

The expansion, Opposing Fronts, looks promising. I'm looking forward to playing as the Brits.

Today, I discovered that using medic bunkers is actually quite a good idea. I suddenly had about twice as many grenadier squads as usual :smalleek:

Bryn
2007-09-12, 12:19 PM
I played a good way through the campaign, enjoying it a lot, then went off for a while. When I came back, I got completely slaughtered on Skirmish by the AI, which kind of put me off. I'll probably get back to playing it when I finish Bioshock :smallamused:

Blayze
2007-09-12, 12:42 PM
It appears as if I will end up with a hard decision on my hands. Play as the Axis, and enjoy the comfortable warmth of my Defensive Doctrine's defensive artillery, machine gun spamming and bunker reinforcement, or play as the Allies, and experience a whole new world of defensive tactics as the British come storming in?

Either way, I shall be the shield, yo.

Edit: Hoping for a Steam package. C'mon respective companies, don't let me down!