PDA

View Full Version : So we abandoned our campaign and are going to start an evil campaign...

samcifer
2018-08-04, 12:26 PM
Our dm found himself not wanting to continue running our current campaign as detectives, so my fiance is going to try his hand by runnign an evil campaign. I decided to create a tabaxi sun soul monk/swashbuckler rogue.

We had to roll 4d6 for stats and after a re-roll due to 3 stats with negative modifiers, I got 15, 14, 13, 12. 11, and 11. We're going to begin at lv. 8 and I went 5 levels Sun Soul Monk for ranged options and the potential for AoE options and 3 lvls of Swashbuckler rogue for boosts to stealth and deception since it's an evil campaign, deception will play a good roll. Here's what I ended up with:

Str: 11 Dex: 18, Con: 12, Int: 11, Wis: 16, Cha: 14

Skills: perception + Stealth (racial), Athletics + Survival (outlander background), Intimidation (rogue), Acrobatics, Insight and Perception (monk)

+6 Initiative, Sp: 40 (can be doubled via racial ability), hp: 51 ac: 16, prof: +3

Athletics +3,
acrobatics +7, slight of hand +4, stealth +10
arcana, history, investigation, nature, and religion all +0
animal handling +2, insight +5, medicine +2, perception +5, survival +5
deception +8, intimidation, performance, and persuasion all +2
Doubled prof with stealth and deception

+7 to hit - short sword, unarmed strike or short bow, 1d6 + 4 dmg.

racial: Can double move speed for one turn (resets after 1 turn of 0 movement), 60ft. darkvision, climb speed: 20ft., (claw attack as well, but as my str is +0 and dmg is a 1d4 + str, I won't use it)

Ki pts: 5, martial arts die: d6, speed +10ft., missile deflection: 9 + 1d10, reduce fall dmg by 50 pts., extra attack, can make a ranged spell attack for attack action: range 30ft, 1d6 + 4 and can spend 1 ki to repeat 2 times as bonus action, stunning strike vs. spell dc 11 (terribly low, so I likely won't waste ki to use it due to low stats).

sneak attack: +2d6, double prof for deception and stealth, can dash/disengage/hide as bonus action, foes attacked cannot make OAs against you during that turn, +2 to initiative, can sneak attack of only I am adjacent to a foe, can dash/disengage/hide as bonus action,

samcifer
2018-08-04, 12:29 PM
Story: His parents were murdered a few years ago and he wants to track down the killers and get revenge by murdering them. Hates children and is bigoted towards non-tabaxi. He's chaotic evil and will do whatever he feels like doing, regardless as to whether or not it's legal to do so. Prone to disposing of people once he fells that they are no longer of use to him and practices his skill violently on passers-by. Has left a trail of bodies in his wake in search of his parents' killers.

samcifer
2018-08-04, 12:43 PM
Here's the background I came up with for him:

Kraxus grew up traveling the world with his parents and younger brother as nomadic monks (outlander background) who followed the Sun Soul monastic tradition. One day five years ago they were set upon by bandits and he was kncked off a ridge and presumed dead while his family was killed and robbed. His father was clutching a patch of a hand holding a dagger horizontally pointing to the left, which Kraxus remembered seeing on the clothing of the other bandits. He travelled with a swashbuckling rogue who saw potential in his for his skills with stealth and tried to use him in a heist, but tried to sell jim out when it went bad. Kraxus tracked down the rogue and killed him for revenge before resuming his journey to find the bandits who killed his family, leaving a trail of bodies in his wake (though there has never been any proof of his involvement in those deaths) as he practices his skills in preparation for finding the killers and getting his revenge. He is bigoted towards non-tabaxi (cat people) as well and beleives that killing people who have miserable lives (such as homeless people) is a mercy in sparing them from further suffering as well as justifying his murderous actions to himself.

samcifer
2018-08-04, 01:24 PM
I'm not 100% locked in on Sun Soul, but nothing else really seems to sound good as I have such low starting stats, imo, so having a lot to make saves against sound like they wouldn't be very effective due to having a spell save dc of only 12. Shadow is a possibility, but I wanted to go for an AoE option at Sun Soul 6 with the Burning Hands ability. For lv. 9, I was strongly considering going to Rogue 4 for the ASI for either Max Dex or increasing Wis to bump up my spell save DC some, then go Monk 6 for lv. 10, then maybe Rogue 5 for lv. 11 for the 1/2 dmg from Uncanny Dodge to compensate for my low AC and low HP. After that, I'd focus on Monk for the rest of the levels I go up.

Any suggestions to help me out?

Zippdementia
2018-08-04, 01:30 PM
Evil campaigns can be fun, but they quickly grow old if you are playing someone who just murders every innocent NPC they come across in order to “test their skills.” You may wish to consider adding in some moderation to this guy so that he has a balance and isn’t just a mass murderer.

Everyone always assumes that chaotic evil means you are the joker: you don’t bathe, you’re bat**** crazy, and you kill someone every episode because you feel like it. But being Chaotic Evil doesn’t have to mean you are a psychopath. It just means that your methods for achieving your goals have less rules and regulations.

But a Chaotic Evil character will still recognize that his goals are better achieved if he isn’t pissing off every village he passes through and leaving a whole bunch of orphans behind with really good reasons to become paladins and strike him down later in life. Just some advice from someone who has played and run multiple evil campaigns. It might seem at first like the fun is in just getting to go on an NPC murder spree, but really the best experience is found in more subtle evils.

samcifer
2018-08-04, 01:35 PM
Evil campaigns can be fun, but they quickly grow old if you are playing someone who just murders every innocent NPC they come across in order to “test their skills.” You may wish to consider adding in some moderation to this guy so that he has a balance and isn’t just a mass murderer.

Everyone always assumes that chaotic evil means you are the joker: you don’t bathe, you’re bat**** crazy, and you kill someone every episode because you feel like it. But being Chaotic Evil doesn’t have to mean you are a psychopath. It just means that your methods for achieving your goals have less rules and regulations.

But a Chaotic Evil character will still recognize that his goals are better achieved if he isn’t pissing off every village he passes through and leaving a whole bunch of orphans behind with really good reasons to become paladins and strike him down later in life. Just some advice from someone who has played and run multiple evil campaigns. It might seem at first like the fun is in just getting to go on an NPC murder spree, but really the best experience is found in more subtle evils.

Well he won't kill EVERYONE he meets, but he will sometimes kill homeless people and children as he REALLY hates children. Say, he'd run into a burning building and break the legs of a child so that they can't escape before getting himself out safely, then lying about not being able to rescue the kid.

Zippdementia
2018-08-04, 01:50 PM
Again, though, what’s his boundaries and motivations? He hates kids, okay. So does he kill every kid he gets the chance to? Why would he do that? Sounds exhausting. Also like every 20th level do-gooder out there would be hunting him at all times to strike him down.

I’m not saying that I’m against the child murder aspect fror its own sake, but honestly you are probably going to get a little tired of playing it, it doesn’t stay interesting for very long. Characters, good or evil, need boundaries, struggles, and goals. I see you have a goal to avenge your family, okay... but what is going to drive him BEYOND that? What happens when he avenges his family? Who is your character then? What defines him?

It’s easy to just say “I’m playing an evil character, so he murders children” but if you dig a little deeper you might find something more intriguing to play as.

For instance, if I was making up a child killing chaotic evil guy with a family fetish, I would have him kidnap a child who was the same age as his younger brother (let’s say seven). That child he convinces that he is his/her real father and that their parents were evil. He then travels with the child as an NPC follower, and NOTHING IN THE WORLD is more important to him than this child. Until, inevitably, that child turns eight. Then Kraxus loses his mind, because HIS brother NEVER reached eight, and he murders the kid. As soon as he can, he finds another seven year old and kidnaps them.

It’s just a suggestion but the point is to give yourself more of a hook than just “I hate kids.”

samcifer
2018-08-04, 02:01 PM
Another thing is that I wonder if Shadow would be a more fitting tradition than Sun Soul for my character concept. I mean with such a low spell save DC (11) I'd almost never succeed on spell attacks and Silence and Pass Without Trace would be much more useful to my character.

Unoriginal
2018-08-04, 02:05 PM
Story: His parents were murdered a few years ago and he wants to track down the killers and get revenge by murdering them. Hates children and is bigoted towards non-tabaxi. He's chaotic evil and will do whatever he feels like doing, regardless as to whether or not it's legal to do so. Prone to disposing of people once he fells that they are no longer of use to him and practices his skill violently on passers-by. Has left a trail of bodies in his wake in search of his parents' killers.

The issue with this is that you're likely goingto get both the law and all the criminal organisations you happen to encounter have a "shoot on sight" policy concerning you within the first two months after they figure you you're the killer, if you do that.

Why would anyone accept to work with or under you? To say nothing of getting any job.

samcifer
2018-08-04, 02:19 PM
The issue with this is that you're likely goingto get both the law and all the criminal organisations you happen to encounter have a "shoot on sight" policy concerning you within the first two months after they figure you you're the killer, if you do that.

Why would anyone accept to work with or under you? To say nothing of getting any job.

I suppose it's the Sasuke Uchia (sp?) approach. He's an avenger more than anything and is basically a sociopath in practice. Really that's the only kind of evil character I can think up that I'd want to play. Due to the playstyles of the members of our group (two other players tend to dominate all rp encounters), I'm not really likely to get much of a chance to roleplay my character's personality/motivations/etc. much, so keeping the character concept simple and focusing more on the character's play mechanics will allow me to play a character who will be functional.

Slybluedemon
2018-08-04, 04:54 PM
Again, though, what’s his boundaries and motivations? He hates kids, okay. So does he kill every kid he gets the chance to? Why would he do that? Sounds exhausting. Also like every 20th level do-gooder out there would be hunting him at all times to strike him down.

I’m not saying that I’m against the child murder aspect fror its own sake, but honestly you are probably going to get a little tired of playing it, it doesn’t stay interesting for very long. Characters, good or evil, need boundaries, struggles, and goals. I see you have a goal to avenge your family, okay... but what is going to drive him BEYOND that? What happens when he avenges his family? Who is your character then? What defines him?

It’s easy to just say “I’m playing an evil character, so he murders children” but if you dig a little deeper you might find something more intriguing to play as.

For instance, if I was making up a child killing chaotic evil guy with a family fetish, I would have him kidnap a child who was the same age as his younger brother (let’s say seven). That child he convinces that he is his/her real father and that their parents were evil. He then travels with the child as an NPC follower, and NOTHING IN THE WORLD is more important to him than this child. Until, inevitably, that child turns eight. Then Kraxus loses his mind, because HIS brother NEVER reached eight, and he murders the kid. As soon as he can, he finds another seven year old and kidnaps them.

It’s just a suggestion but the point is to give yourself more of a hook than just “I hate kids.”

Agreed, if you make a one dimension character its going to get boring. I would go with a necessary evil. Maybe your daughter is sick and she is dying. He needs to use experimental treatments to find a cure, he doesn't want to try it on his daughter because it could kill her. He needs people to use.

Brutalitops
2018-08-04, 05:13 PM
The one question you have to ask whiles playing an evil character is how they survived the past 10 years with their current behavior. If you play a violent cut throat who stabs anyone who looks at him funny how have they not been stabbed in their sleep by their allies who don't want to deal with their **** or how have they survived not being immediately caught by the guards. You are playing a tabaxi who could run into a burning building and break a child legs because he hates kid's If he does this frequently how come he has not been caught or have adventuring parties or revenants hunting him. Also if he is so cruel or violent you need to find away for the party to want him around.

Reading your character description here's an idea. He hates thieves and murderers because his parents were killed so he acts like the punisher to kill anyone whom reminds him of the people who killed his parents. (You could ask the DM for a description of the people who killed your parents and whenever the DM describes a character have him take a dislike to anyone who is described differently.) You could have him be racist and not value human life instead of tabaxi life but don't have him kill kids because if humans don't matter then whats the point. Have him kill any criminal who breaks the law but sometimes he kills innocents because he believes them to be criminals. Basically make him a badly written version of the punisher.

Most importantly he needs a reason to stick with the group and not to abandon them or kill them. You said his family were killed by bandits. Perhaps he needs the groups help to find and kill the bandits so he is willing to overlook their evil behavior but he could be willing to kill them when the bandits are dead. However he could decided not to as they are is friends.

Make him an actual evil person rather than a poor evil murderer who kills people for no reason and everyone would conceivably hate and not want to work with.

samcifer
2018-08-04, 08:12 PM
The one question you have to ask whiles playing an evil character is how they survived the past 10 years with their current behavior. If you play a violent cut throat who stabs anyone who looks at him funny how have they not been stabbed in their sleep by their allies who don't want to deal with their **** or how have they survived not being immediately caught by the guards. You are playing a tabaxi who could run into a burning building and break a child legs because he hates kid's If he does this frequently how come he has not been caught or have adventuring parties or revenants hunting him. Also if he is so cruel or violent you need to find away for the party to want him around.

Reading your character description here's an idea. He hates thieves and murderers because his parents were killed so he acts like the punisher to kill anyone whom reminds him of the people who killed his parents. (You could ask the DM for a description of the people who killed your parents and whenever the DM describes a character have him take a dislike to anyone who is described differently.) You could have him be racist and not value human life instead of tabaxi life but don't have him kill kids because if humans don't matter then whats the point. Have him kill any criminal who breaks the law but sometimes he kills innocents because he believes them to be criminals. Basically make him a badly written version of the punisher.

Most importantly he needs a reason to stick with the group and not to abandon them or kill them. You said his family were killed by bandits. Perhaps he needs the groups help to find and kill the bandits so he is willing to overlook their evil behavior but he could be willing to kill them when the bandits are dead. However he could decided not to as they are is friends.

Make him an actual evil person rather than a poor evil murderer who kills people for no reason and everyone would conceivably hate and not want to work with.

Well, interrogating will be rather horrifying to witness when he's involved. I don't think ican safely list them here without getting censored, but eating pieces of themselves and others will be a big draw for him for torturing prisoners, etc.

He'll do all kinds of horrible things to find the killers of his family, the kinds of things no truly sane person would resort to.

samcifer
2018-08-04, 08:20 PM

Well, his family was killed less than a year ago and he kind of lost a hold of his sanity. He's been undergoing a downward slide ever since and has grown progressively darker.

Sariel Vailo
2018-08-05, 06:36 AM

For the councils thought on the matter their was a comic in which the joker orderers a pizza and tells the poor pizza guy.
"Kid im the joker i only kill people when its funny a lone pizza guy in the middle of nowhere thats not funny."or something to this effect i was trying to find the image as my source but it disappeared.
Be like zero from borderlands2 he only does or kills things he considers a challenge.

Unoriginal
2018-08-05, 08:05 AM
For the councils thought on the matter their was a comic in which the joker orderers a pizza and tells the poor pizza guy.
"Kid im the joker i only kill people when its funny a lone pizza guy in the middle of nowhere thats not funny."or something to this effect i was trying to find the image as my source but it disappeared.
Be like zero from borderlands2 he only does or kills things he considers a challenge.

It wasn't a pizza guy, it was a guy the joker wanted to watch his car:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N7V8dzMGtUE/TpPQ8Owu_EI/AAAAAAAAA1w/Sfg4rOBdkOw/s1600/Joker+-+Batman+686.jpg

Zippdementia
2018-08-05, 09:30 AM
It wasn't a pizza guy, it was a guy the joker wanted to watch his car:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N7V8dzMGtUE/TpPQ8Owu_EI/AAAAAAAAA1w/Sfg4rOBdkOw/s1600/Joker+-+Batman+686.jpg

Hah! Love it!

Yeah, I’ve made the unpopular arguement before that the Joker is actually lawful evil, following a fairly strict guideline of bizarre moral code. I think in his entire history he has only killed to achieve something monetarily, or when someone completely crosses him, or (most often) to upset Batman. How many times have comic writers basically shown that without Batman, Joker goes away?

samcifer
2018-08-05, 11:09 AM
Well, After realizing from my notes that I had 2 15s for my highest stats and wanting AoE options, I had decided on Sun Soul Monk and added a few levels of Swashbuckler rogue for the expertise to stealth as he's a little bit assassin-y but kind of eel-like in how he slips into and out of combat (mostly because of his low AC), as well as for the boost to initiative and the extra sneak attack damage.

As for personality, he pretty much hates everyone, especially children as he was teased and bullied by kids a lot growing up and likes to see them suffer. HE won't go out of his way to kill children, but won't pass up the chance if he thinks he has a good chance of getting away with it. His main thing will be the horrible 'games' he plays when interrogating people, such as tricking a person into putting their thumbs into their mouth then hitting them to make them bite off their thumbs and forcing them to swallow them, or having them eat pieces of skin of a loved one in the correct order or they both die. He feels as if everyone should suffer like he did, especially people related to the deaths of his relatives, the only people he was ever able to love. He will be a bit Joker-esque in these interrogations as well as tortures whenever he finds someone who has done horrible things such as murder, extortion, etc., making him a bit of a hypocrite in that only he is allowed to do monstrous things.

The rest of the time he will be insulting and scornful towards the world around him, but not excessively so. Basically I'll play him kind of like a bigoted version of Sasuke from Naruto Shippuden.

Hooligan
2018-08-05, 11:21 AM
Swap out the "my parents were murdered" bit.

And the character name is a bad one, I'd change that too.

Unoriginal
2018-08-05, 11:55 AM
I'll play him kind of like a bigoted version of Sasuke from Naruto Shippuden.

Thing is, what I said above still applies: why would anyone accept to work for or with this guy?

Hah! Love it!

Yeah, I’ve made the unpopular arguement before that the Joker is actually lawful evil, following a fairly strict guideline of bizarre moral code. I think in his entire history he has only killed to achieve something monetarily, or when someone completely crosses him, or (most often) to upset Batman. How many times have comic writers basically shown that without Batman, Joker goes away?

Characters outside of works that use alignments don't have alignments.

That being said, it's not that the Joker has guidelines or bizarre moral codes. Saying "he only kills to get money, or to piss off his enemy, or because he was betrayed" ultimately translate to "he's a career killer and a bank robber you don't want to cross, with an enemy", which is much too loose to fit the description of lawful evil. Also, Through his incarnations, the Joker has killed people just because why not. Or because they pissed him off slightly. Or because he needed corpses for a scheme. Though those who call him a "servant of chaos" or "only interested in spreading Chaos" are also incorrect.

The Joker just does what he wants, and what he wants is fairly defined. What the Joker wants is a good punchline.

samcifer
2018-08-05, 01:23 PM
Swap out the "my parents were murdered" bit.

And the character name is a bad one, I'd change that too.

Parents and brother. Besides, turnign evil to get revenge sounds like the kind of character I could play well; the slippery slope for the sake of vengeance kind of thing. And the name stays because I like it. I'm thinking of playing him with the speech patterns of Khajiit from the Elder Scrolls games.

samcifer
2018-08-05, 01:24 PM
Thing is, what I said above still applies: why would anyone accept to work for or with this guy?

Characters outside of works that use alignments don't have alignments.

That being said, it's not that the Joker has guidelines or bizarre moral codes. Saying "he only kills to get money, or to piss off his enemy, or because he was betrayed" ultimately translate to "he's a career killer and a bank robber you don't want to cross, with an enemy", which is much too loose to fit the description of lawful evil. Also, Through his incarnations, the Joker has killed people just because why not. Or because they pissed him off slightly. Or because he needed corpses for a scheme. Though those who call him a "servant of chaos" or "only interested in spreading Chaos" are also incorrect.

The Joker just does what he wants, and what he wants is fairly defined. What the Joker wants is a good punchline.

He's chaotic evil. the 'ends justify the means' kind of person. Thing is, the loss of his family has basically unhinged him.

PhantomSoul
2018-08-05, 03:08 PM
He's chaotic evil. the 'ends justify the means' kind of person. Thing is, the loss of his family has basically unhinged him.

Ignoring why people would associate with him when killing his ex-associates and just random everybody seems to be a main character trait...

...Is the end he's trying to justify by killing things just killing things? (It kind of seems to be from the descriptions; there's no obvious consistent objective other than pointless murder, which is pseudo-justified in one case by "[the homeless] have horrible lives so death is a mercy", which is actually a justification for murder justifying the goal of killing from the descriptions.) You mention wanting to avenge the murder of his family, but it's not clear from the description that that's motivating anything even for the character, since he's just murdering random people.

samcifer
2018-08-05, 03:42 PM
*sigh* what about the character build as far as class/subclass combination, mechanics, stats, etc, since there won't be any consensus on backstory and character RP play which has a 0.01% chance of ever coming into play with the way my group plays, meaning combat and problem-solving mechanics will be 99.999% of what I'll ever get to do?

furby076
2018-08-05, 10:34 PM

bat**** crazy...i see what you did there

i also agree with you.CE does not equal recklous/stupid. Maybe the CE has a soft spot for X. The OP PCs parents were murdered. So maybe he has a soft spot for orphan kids. Maybe a homeless person showed him compassion and so he is kind to homeless people, and will severely hurt (not always murder, cause thats messy) anyone who misbehaves towards homeless people.

Just being a serial murderer is boring. Having a trail of bodies also is a liability to the party.

Plus, if the PC is a serial killer and insane, why is he with a party? Even evil parties need a common goal (a god giving you orders, a common leader you all want to appease, a goal of joint world domination..but in the end you will all battle royale it out to be named king of the world)

Derpaligtr
2018-08-05, 10:48 PM
Just make sure the party has a reason for being together, other than lulevil.

I have a Lawful Evil Sorcerer right now that has always loved the Bard's music and protects the bard despite the bard being CG. Like, sure, the moral codes are different but those sweet tunes are awesome!

Then there's the bleeding heart cleric, who hapoens to be my character's brother... Got to keep him alive or else mom and dad (who loved us both) would be disapointed and hurt... Plus that's my little brother, no one hurts my little brother other than me!

samcifer
2018-08-06, 07:06 AM
Just make sure the party has a reason for being together, other than lulevil.

I have a Lawful Evil Sorcerer right now that has always loved the Bard's music and protects the bard despite the bard being CG. Like, sure, the moral codes are different but those sweet tunes are awesome!

Then there's the bleeding heart cleric, who hapoens to be my character's brother... Got to keep him alive or else mom and dad (who loved us both) would be disapointed and hurt... Plus that's my little brother, no one hurts my little brother other than me!

Well everyone is still creating their characters and we know nothing about the campaign yet, so we'll see. Perhaps my character will be able to find things about the other PCs that he'll reluctantly like pr at least respect. We have a player who played bigoted characters on our good campaigns as well, so we have experience working alongside someone with strong prejudices.

Zippdementia
2018-08-06, 03:33 PM
I think, samcifer, as far as stats go, the nice thing about DnD 5 is that you don’t have to min-max in order to be effective. I also think the reason everyone keeps trying to give you character advice is because we really do think you will get bored playing this character, but then you are correct: we don’t sit at your table with your GM and your fellow players. Maybe it’s murder fest all the time over there and everyone in the world is just a walking stat-bag who is best interacted with on one side of a pointy blade.

If your world is like that, great! Then there really is no problem. Have fun! But if your world is NOT like that, then I do think there is a consensus on your character needing more interesting goals and to be less of a serial killer.

That’s what I read in this thread.

bat**** crazy...i see what you did there

:smallbiggrin:

GlenSmash!
2018-08-06, 05:48 PM
I could easily see a Joker like Character that was CE since "creatures act with arbitrary violence,
spurred by their greed, hatred, or bloodlust" could apply to a lot of incarnations of the character.

I could also make a CE character that was nothing like the Joker, as in 5e alignment is 2 sentences that are used to influence a players roleplaying decisions and possible earn inspiration.

As far as this specific character goes, Sun Soul monk's Sun Bolts are limited to 30ft. Which is a pretty steep range limitation. Also they won't work with sneak attack like a bow or dagger would, so there is that.

samcifer
2018-08-06, 06:24 PM
I could easily see a Joker like Character that was CE since "creatures act with arbitrary violence,
spurred by their greed, hatred, or bloodlust" could apply to a lot of incarnations of the character.

I could also make a CE character that was nothing like the Joker, as in 5e alignment is 2 sentences that are used to influence a players roleplaying decisions and possible earn inspiration.

As far as this specific character goes, Sun Soul monk's Sun Bolts are limited to 30ft. Which is a pretty steep range limitation. Also they won't work with sneak attack like a bow or dagger would, so there is that.

True, but if I wanted to keep foes at a distance... Also, I'm wondering if they're compatible with Spell Sniper for 60ft. of reach.

GlenSmash!
2018-08-06, 06:37 PM
True, but if I wanted to keep foes at a distance... Also, I'm wondering if they're compatible with Spell Sniper for 60ft. of reach.

I mean it's a class ability not a spell...

Derpaligtr
2018-08-06, 07:30 PM
Well everyone is still creating their characters and we know nothing about the campaign yet, so we'll see. Perhaps my character will be able to find things about the other PCs that he'll reluctantly like pr at least respect. We have a player who played bigoted characters on our good campaigns as well, so we have experience working alongside someone with strong prejudices.

Work along side them and the DM to do all this, character creation doesn't have any rules against talking with your group.

samcifer
2018-08-07, 03:00 PM
Another concept I had was for a variant human moon druid who hates people and prefers animals. He's also a cannibal (all races, not just humans) and after he was driven out of his home village for excessive violence, began to live in the wilderness among the animals, becoming a moon druid during his isolation from the civilized world. Thieves stole a magical artefact that brought life to the forest he lives in, and escaped with it. He doesn't talk much and acts more like an animal than a civilized person. He cares only about restoring his forest and will kill whoever he needs to in order to get the artefact back to restore the forest, which has begun to slowly whither and die without the artefact to sustain it.