PDA

View Full Version : Warlock's Invocation

cullynthedwarf
2018-08-05, 01:09 AM
Perhaps this has been discussed, perhaps not. I'm about to start a new campagin and one of my players is wanting to play a fae-pledged warlock of the chain. This is new territory for me and I haven't dealt with invocations before. At second when she has access to them, can she use multiple on her E blast or only use them one at a time.

For example Eldritch Spear changes the range and agonizing blast adds CHA can this be used together or is it one or the other. I haven't seen any thing in the book in the invocation section but it may be listed else where and I just haven't come across it yet.

Thank you all

leogobsin
2018-08-05, 01:14 AM
You're not missing anything, all the Invocations that alter Eldritch Blast can be use together.

cullynthedwarf
2018-08-05, 02:03 AM
Just wanted to dbl check before telling her no we have been doing it wrong we need to make this less bad ass. You can always make things more bad ass but merging it half way through the game sucks. For players and DMs

ad_hoc
2018-08-05, 12:18 PM
Just wanted to dbl check before telling her no we have been doing it wrong we need to make this less bad ass. You can always make things more bad ass but merging it half way through the game sucks. For players and DMs

Other invocations are very good (though many are also terrible). Putting everything to Eldritch Blast won't make her character stronger overall than some of the other options. I would argue that it will end up making her weaker.

ImproperJustice
2018-08-06, 07:53 AM
Yeah. A lot of a Warlock’s utility comes from their invocation choices. Pouring everything into Eldritch Blast, while cool, seems to limit you from some other fun and interesting options. Especially for a Chain Lock, who can get a lot of mileage out of Vocie of the Chain Master + eyes of the rune keeper, beast speech, or silent image.