PDA

View Full Version : The BEEforged: What Class?

jaappleton
2018-08-06, 08:53 AM
So, there’s an old post on the internet regarding the Beeforged: A Warforged with a beehive living inside it.

Sounded like a fun concept.

Problem is, what class is suited to hurling bees at people?

Now, this is strictly fun, flavorful RP. For example, if I were a Druid, Wild Shaping into a Giant Eagle would instead be into a Giant Bee. Because reasons.

Burning Hands? A swarm of FLAMING BEES! Spiritual Weapon? Spectral Bee Swarm! Cure Wounds? I pour honey all over your wounds. Also, now you’re sticky.

I thought Circle Of Spores might be good, reflavoring the mushroom aspect to bees.

Cleric actually works fairly well as well.

But I don’t want to be a ‘summoner’, that’s too much micromanagement.

Any thoughts on how to make the most out of BEES? I even thought of maybe doing a Beast Enclave Ranger with a Bee Companion that’s had its wings removed.

nickl_2000
2018-08-06, 08:55 AM
what about a ranged ranger? Re-fluff ranged attacks as Bees flying out and attacking the people.

Hail of Thorns? Attack with all the bees!

Dualswinger
2018-08-06, 10:12 AM
Animate objects? Swarms of BEES
Cloud of daggers? BEES
Acid Splash? A single Bee

Cerefel
2018-08-06, 03:01 PM
There are a few warlock spells that deal damage to anyone who hits the caster. That sounds a lot like what happens when someone whacks a beehive :smalltongue:

Arvin Natsuko
2018-08-06, 03:05 PM
There are a few warlock spells that deal damage to anyone who hits the caster. That sounds a lot like what happens when someone whacks a beehive :smalltongue:

And you can add the Cloak of Flies invocation. Cloak of Bees? haha

Vogie
2018-08-06, 03:18 PM
Fiend Warlock 2 / Spores Druid X

You get to pick up Cloak of Baalzebul at warlock 2 (which is very close to cloak of flies, but available earlier for Fiend patrons), then go full refluffed spores druid. You can even attack at range outside of the halo of BEEs using the infestation cantrip.

It'd BEE a bit MAD, but fairly robust.

Maelynn
2018-08-07, 08:45 AM
Fiend Warlock 2 / Spores Druid X

You get to pick up Cloak of Baalzebul at warlock 2

At least rename it Bee-elzebub.

Vogie
2018-08-07, 08:54 AM
At least rename it Bee-elzebub.

or Baal-Bee-Bul?

Maelynn
2018-08-07, 08:57 AM
or Baal-Bee-Bul?

What did you say, Babybel?

https://www.freestufffinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/babybel.jpg

Silkensword
2018-08-07, 10:01 AM
I did make an insect-summoning and insect-themed class a while back, short of that ancients paladin or nature cleric are obvious choices. Spoiler has the class I made: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xcyceavZHy0iZZIIxZmGWeqV7GOBde2b7I8nZc35iwc/edit?usp=sharing