PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Sleeping, Full Plate, and Endurance

ajp1011
2018-08-06, 12:40 PM
I'll get right to it. So I have a warpriest who wears +1 Full Plate armor. This warpriest also has the Endurance feat.

RAW states in the description for a Breastplate: "A breastplate protects a wearer’s torso with a single piece of sculpted metal, similar to the core piece of a suit of full plate. ..."

Given the above, when this warpriest decides to snooze, can I simply take off the helmet, gauntlets and leggings of the Full Plate armor and benefit from a +7 AC from the Breastplate alone while receiving no penalty for sleeping in armor since a Breastplate is medium armor.

And in a separate question (assuming the answer to the above question is yes), how long would it take (RAW) to don the removed pieces and get back to full plate.

Thankyou all in advance!

ExLibrisMortis
2018-08-06, 12:50 PM
A +1 breastplate provides +6 AC, not +7. Nevermind, Pathfinder has changed this.

Full plate is very complex, with lots of straps holding lots of pieces together. Taking it off requires 1d4+1 minutes, and leaving the breastplate might reduce that by 1 minute at best (the time it takes to remove a breastplate). It's not going to be a huge time-saver, but I'd let you sleep in it as if it were a breastplate, sure.

Ninjaxenomorph
2018-08-06, 12:53 PM
If you're allowing him to strip a suit of full plate down to its breastplate, I'd go with either the difference between the donning times, or just do the full time of the full plate, since you are taking it apart and putting it back together.

Psyren
2018-08-06, 01:59 PM
Pathfinder actually has rules for this - Piecemeal Armor (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/piecemeal-armor/). Yes, the chest piece of plate by itself would be considered a breastplate.

Relevant quote:

Armor Pieces and Proficiency

If you are proficient with an armor category, you are also proficient with the armor pieces of that category. For example, if you are proficient with light armor, you are proficient with all light armor pieces. Some torso armor pieces (such as chain, plate, and agile plate torso armor pieces) are a category lighter if worn alone (treat as a chain shirt, breastplate, and agile breastplate, respectively).