PDA

View Full Version : Player Character music themes

username1
2018-08-06, 09:09 PM
I was listening to some and podcasts and I noticed their dms played specific song rifts every time one of the characters did something cool. They also have them for villains and major npcs. I would like to make some for my players but Im not the best musician. I will use a tool like garage band to make them. Any ideas how the following should sound?

Tiefling druid who uses fire for his cool moments
Cleric who fights with a mace and is a turtle
Dwarf barbarian who often rages
A friendly frost giant
a evil blue dragon who is weaving a complex plan

JoeJ
2018-08-06, 09:36 PM
You might want to look at music from groups like Two Steps From Hell or Sub Pub Music. They do short, exciting pieces that sound like (and sometimes are) music for movie trailers. You'll probably find something to fit any character theme.

Also, I'm assuming this is just for your own group's use at a private game, right? Because if you want to post it online there are legal issues that I'm not competent to advise anybody about (and that are also not valid discussion topics on this forum).

username1
2018-08-06, 09:38 PM
Correct this is just a home game, Thanks for the idea, will check them out.

username1
2018-08-06, 09:42 PM
Looking at the music those two make it's not what I'm quite looking for. However it will make good start of session music. I'm look for 5-10 second little themes that you can play during combat over the combat music.