PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warforged from UA and the School of Invention also from a UA

BRKNdevil
2018-08-06, 11:01 PM
So the warforged get natural armor where its 11+Dex +Prof bonus if light armor prof. as an option. and the School of Invention grants Light Armor prof. and a nifty suit of amor, but I was wondering if you could choose your natural armor as the armor and then get stupid with its so badly needing balance effect.

Side note: the medium armor has a max of 21 without shield, while the others get 22

BRKNdevil
2018-08-07, 12:27 PM
82 views and no takes on the matter?

leogobsin
2018-08-07, 12:43 PM
I think the actual RAW is you would have to use your integrated protection since warforged get no benefit from wearing armor.

GlenSmash!
2018-08-07, 01:21 PM
I think the actual RAW is you would have to use your integrated protection since warforged get no benefit from wearing armor.

Yup. Integrated Protection would be granted by the Light Armor Proficiency, and you could wear the nifty armor, but would get no benefits from it.

ProsecutorGodot
2018-08-07, 02:05 PM
Yup. Integrated Protection would be granted by the Light Armor Proficiency, and you could wear the nifty armor, but would get no benefits from it.

Just a note (I'm sure you meant it this way, I just wanted to clarify), you get the first tier of Integrated Protection even without having proficiency in Light Armor, having proficiency simply allows you to add it to the value of your AC.

The first tier is considered Unarmored (the Medium and Heavy tiers do count as Armor, even if you wear none), which is fun because it would allow you to use Bracers of Defense.

Regardless of any proficiencies or what armor they are actually wearing, they can't gain any benefit from it. They will always determine their AC using Integrated Protection.

GlenSmash!
2018-08-07, 02:08 PM
Just a note (I'm sure you meant it this way, I just wanted to clarify), you get the first tier of Integrated Protection even without having proficiency in Light Armor, having proficiency simply allows you to add it to the value of your AC.

The first tier is considered Unarmored (the Medium and Heavy tiers do count as Armor, even if you wear none), which is fun because it would allow you to use Bracers of Defense.

Regardless of any proficiencies or what armor they are actually wearing, they can't gain any benefit from it. They will always determine their AC using Integrated Protection.

I actually didn't know that having no Light Armor Proficiency would still grant the lowest level of Integrated protection.

Thanks for pointing that out.