PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Pathfinder 2nd Edition] Same Class, Different Spells

Xuldarinar
2018-08-07, 10:59 AM
Optional Rule: Same Class, Different Spells
Within Pathfinder 2nd Edition, there are only four kinds of spells and four spell lists: Arcane, Divine, Occult, and Primal. Every class that casts spells, gets access to one of these with one exception: The Sorcerer. Sorcerers are allowed to select any of these, but that depends upon their bloodline. By that merit, each of these lists could be considered to be roughly equivalent to one another, thus lending itself to an idea. What if we let people change what list they are using? A bard could instead be a cantor or a wizard be an archivist, casting divine spells drawn from the divine spell list. A cleric could draw from the occult, thematically calling them a medium or an occultist. A druid who draws from the arcane could draw from ley lines, and be called then a.. Ley walker? So on, and so forth. While not all combinations should necessarily be permitted, like someone who knows their entire list off the bat using arcane spells, these can be limited in one of two ways: Don't allow them, or make it so they have to learn and store their spells like a wizard has to.

-
So what combination would you consider trying, and what spin would you put on them? What ones would need limitations?

Xuldarinar
2019-08-06, 02:33 PM
With the release of Pathfinder 2e, I bring this question back up.

khadgar567
2019-08-07, 08:31 AM
occult primal and upcoming hex based one i thing goes to occult but I kinda hate i cant nerf arcane list with out nerfing my favorite class sorcerer.

Xuldarinar
2019-08-07, 09:10 AM
occult primal and upcoming hex based one i thing goes to occult but I kinda hate i cant nerf arcane list with out nerfing my favorite class sorcerer.

A hint off the topic but.. Why can't you nerf the list without nerfing sorcerer? That only impacts 2 out of its 9 bloodlines.

khadgar567
2019-08-07, 12:34 PM
A hint off the topic but.. Why can't you nerf the list without nerfing sorcerer? That only impacts 2 out of its 9 bloodlines.
well its kinda personal hate at int prepared casters who is kinda creator pet.