PDA

View Full Version : Help me build Tezzeret

Zanthy1
2018-08-08, 07:54 AM
Hello Playground!

With the upcoming Ravnica sourcebook, and my current love of MtG, and Core set 2019 being pretty swanky, I decided once again to try and build my favorite planeswalker, Tezzeret, in fifth edition. I come to the playground asking for your help in building him. I am not locked into him being human, though the rest of his schtick should be accounted for if possible. What're your thoughts? Oh and using official content only please. No Unearthed Arcana (Though Eberron source stuff is ok).

Thank you!

UrielAwakened
2018-08-08, 09:25 AM
Well Tezzeret is a master artificer so without UA you're going to have a rough time replicating that.

Focus on blue-magic type of effects (Divination, counterspelling, other non-damage based means of disabling or halting threats, telekinesis, etc..) and if your DM lets you reflavor summon spells as constructs you could make use of those as well, since making artifact creatures is really the biggest thing that sets him apart from other blue and blue/black planeswalkers.

Vogie
2018-08-08, 12:55 PM
You can't, really. There are some ways you can get close, though.

Conjuration wizard would work, doubly so If you can ask your DM to count Animate Objects as a Conjuration spell

Shadow Sorcerer would also work. It removes the studying aspect, and allows it to feel more "planeswalkery", with no spellbooks & studying, and spell manipulation via metamagic. You'd only have to refluff the "Hound of Ill Omen" into somesort of conjured or quicksmithed construct.

To add his metal exterior and weaponized arm, I'd put 3 levels in EK fighter for armor and a weapon you can't lose.