PDA

View Full Version : Help Make Me A Chichimec

Vaern
2018-08-08, 12:27 PM
I'm building a new character for a game that is going to be filled to the brim with shenanigans, and I would like to give this character as many wings as possible. Here's what I have so far:

Be a Dragonborn of Bahamut and select the Wings aspect for wings
As a 1st level dragonblooded character, take the Dragon Wings feat for a second pair of wings
Build into Rainbow Servant to grow third pair of wings
Have Flight of the Dragon once I can learn and cast 4th level spells for my fourth pair of wings
Get any variety of wing graft for my fifth pair of wings
Buy the Wings of Flight for a sixth pair of wings that takes up my cloak slot
Get some winged boots to have my seventh and eighth pairs of wings for 15 minutes/day

What other sources can I get extra wings from? Functionality doesn't matter. I just need my character to resemble a literal abomination (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/EPIC_Gallery/Gallery5a/44173_C5_Chichimec.jpg).

noob
2018-08-08, 12:28 PM
I'm building a new character for a game that is going to be filled to the brim with shenanigans, and I would like to give this character as many wings as possible. Here's what I have so far:

Be a Dragonborn of Bahamut and select the Wings aspect for wings
As a 1st level dragonblooded character, take the Dragon Wings feat for a second pair of wings
Build into Rainbow Servant to grow third pair of wings
Have Flight of the Dragon once I can learn and cast 4th level spells for my fourth pair of wings
Get any variety of wing graft for my fifth pair of wings
Buy the Wings of Flight for a sixth pair of wings that takes up my cloak slot
Get some winged boots to have my seventh and eighth pairs of wings for 15 minutes/day

What other sources can I get extra wings from? Functionality doesn't matter. I just need my character to resemble a literal abomination.

You can graft wings multiple times to the same person.
Also there is maybe totemist soul melds that gives a new pair of wings.

PunBlake
2018-08-08, 04:44 PM
Use Raptoran as your base race before Dragonborn for one more set of wings at 1st? Seems legit.

The Viscount
2018-08-08, 05:14 PM
Use Raptoran as your base race before Dragonborn for one more set of wings at 1st? Seems legit.

Totally legit, and if you apply the ritual after 6th level you'll keep its fly speed if you need ironclad defense for the wings.

Are templates on the table? If so Unseelie Fey will give you wings (provided your gropu can agree on whether its LA +0).

Nifft
2018-08-09, 08:14 AM
Warshaper for morphic weapons, grow an arbitrary and unlimited* number of wings in support of your Wing Buffet natural attacks.

*) Unlimited natural attacks not available at all tables. Consult your DM before using. This poster is not responsible for any adverse lactose interactions, real or imaginary.

JyP
2018-08-09, 08:50 AM
Winged Creature template, Symbiotic template from Savage Species

RoboEmperor
2018-08-09, 12:34 PM
grab assume supernatural ability
polymorph into a phasm
turn into a chichimec.

CIDE
2018-08-09, 04:37 PM
Warshaper for morphic weapons, grow an arbitrary and unlimited* number of wings in support of your Wing Buffet natural attacks.

*) Unlimited natural attacks not available at all tables. Consult your DM before using. This poster is not responsible for any adverse lactose interactions, real or imaginary.

Nope. Not even remotely close to how it works. If you try to make a second set of wings it fails and instead increases the size of the first set of wings. You can't grow any additional natural attacks of the same type.

The Viscount
2018-08-09, 07:31 PM
Nope. Not even remotely close to how it works. If you try to make a second set of wings it fails and instead increases the size of the first set of wings. You can't grow any additional natural attacks of the same type.

That would certainly be a reasonable ruling to make, but the text of Warshaper is distressingly vague, and only GM interpretation can stop you from adding a bunch of natural weapons.

Nifft
2018-08-10, 05:05 AM

Cite where it actually says anything like that?

I suspect you can't, because you're wrong, and nothing you're asserting can be supported.

You presumably play with a reasonable DM who ignored the text to write something better, but that doesn't really matter for the purpose of this thread, which is explicitly shenanigan-friendly.

-- -- --

Anyway, you can get Morphic Weapons at ECL 5 pretty easily. Changeling Ranger 4 -> Warshaper is a classic entry, and you can progress with more Warshaper levels if you want stuff like +4 Str / +4 Con or Fast Healing. Note that with this build you can't fly, just have a lot of wings for the purpose of making Wing Buffet natural attacks. You'd need to find another way to fly.

If you don't mind using Dragon content, then you could go with Eagle Totem Druid 6 -> Warshaper, turn into an eagle via wild shape, and then grow all the wings on top of your eagle form. In addition to hitting BAB +4, you get access to Dire Eagle at 6th level, so you can be either small or large.

DeTess
2018-08-10, 05:15 AM
Cite where it actually says anything like that?

I suspect you can't, because you're wrong, and nothing you're asserting can be supported.

You presumably play with a reasonable DM who ignored the text to write something better, but that doesn't really matter for the purpose of this thread, which is explicitly shenanigan-friendly.

I suppose its possible to interpret:

If the warshaper's form already has a natural weapon of that type, the weapon deals damage as if it were one category larger. For example, a warshaper who used wild shape to become a dire wolf (Large animal) could grow its jaw and snout, enabling a bite attack that deals 2d6 points of damage (as a for Huge animal), not the normal 1d8.

as only applying to damage and the number of attacks you get, and not to the amount of said natural weapons you can grow.

ShurikVch
2018-08-10, 07:57 AM
Chichimec - in the Epic Level Handbook - is ECL 27, which - with 27 HD - means LA +0
Thus, you may just play as Chichimec - from the 27th level
(And, if you're wanted to play from the level 1 - try to include epic backstory of 26 deaths and resurrections :smallamused:)

RoboEmperor
2018-08-10, 08:10 AM
Chichimec - in the Epic Level Handbook - is ECL 27, which - with 27 HD - means LA +0
(And, if you're wanted to play from the level 1 - try to include epic backstory of 26 deaths and resurrections :smallamused:)

He's right. ELH directly says its ECL is 27 so Chichimecs are a playable race.

Vaern
2018-08-10, 01:59 PM
I mean, it may be completely rules legal, but I don't think the DM is going to let it slide. He's already veto'd letting me get several instances of the same graft, so there's very little chance of him letting me play a creature that is defined as being an offspring of a god and having the characteristics of a lesser deity :o

noob
2018-08-11, 04:32 AM
I mean, it may be completely rules legal, but I don't think the DM is going to let it slide. He's already veto'd letting me get several instances of the same graft, so there's very little chance of him letting me play a creature that is defined as being an offspring of a god and having the characteristics of a lesser deity :o

A Chichimec is weak for its level.
If you get a repetitively drained Chichimec it will probably be a weak thing if the gm use savage progressions.
So it will be balanced with the rest.