PDA

View Full Version : Warforge

Siah5
2018-08-08, 03:36 PM
So im doing a out of the abyss campaign im allowing offical homebrews and my players are a goliath a warforge a asimure a wood elf and then the npc from book. Ive never dm before and my group us mostly ppl who want spotligh glory like they took over a town liften a metal castle gate ect. And dont want me to limit them so. Im gonna follow book mostly but how should i go about the warforge starting off there all camptured can i weaken the warforge say while it was powered down they took the chestplate so hes like 13ac instead 18 but can get back if they go and get there gear?. Plus they might try to do a one day game glory run then quit campain so kill npc ect not follow allignment ect. Help with advice plz lol.

Vogie
2018-08-08, 03:40 PM
Just handwave some sort of condition that afflicts the warforged that can be taken away over time. Have a Nod from the Wizard of Oz's Tin Man, and make it rusty, for example... then, as the player collects the correct reagent, the player can "clean themselves up" over one or more long rests to get to their normal full AC.

Lunali
2018-08-08, 05:37 PM
Rather than limit their stats have the character be treated as more dangerous and thus be more restrained than the others much like a barbarian would probably be.

Also, warforged don't really power down, they go into a rest period but if something happens during that period they are still able to react to it, they just won't get the benefits of the rest. Being captured through other methods, such as overwhelming force, is far more believable.