PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder

Serenity
2007-09-12, 06:54 PM
I just got my first issue of Pathfinder today (This and the next one free with my Dragon subscription credits). Pretty good stuff, in my opinion. I really love what they've done with the goblins--kind of American McGee's Labyrinth. There's all kinds of neat flavor, like the goblins calling their weapons 'dogslicers' and 'horsechoppers', and I like how it suggests some interesting tactical situation for many of the battles---the way the goblins improvise in the glassworks, the thistle walls that druids can walk through, the goblin chieftan mounted on a giant freakin' gecko. I also enjoy that each creature in an encounter has a description of situations in which it morale breaks, and what it does when that happens. The art is really nifty, as is the flavor they lend to the Runelords simply by altering the name of their specialty school. I very much look forward to learning more about this world.

What are your thoughts?

Lord Tataraus
2007-09-12, 07:03 PM
I must agree with you, the goblins are awesome in Pathfinder and the overall adventure looks great. I'm thinking about running it for my new group (i don't think any know how to play) and I think it will be a great introduction.

EvilElitest
2007-09-12, 11:14 PM
Please tell me the details, i'm thinking about getting it my self
from,
Ee

Serenity
2007-09-13, 10:33 PM
Well, what sort of details do you want? I'd be happy to provide...

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2007-09-14, 09:53 AM
I've gone through the player's guide. I've the first book, as well, but I've not been through that much as my DM has it as well. I'm not certain whether he plans to run it and I hate to spoil surprises.

The player's guide was all too brief. I was left wanting more. On the other hand, I can appreciate starting small.