PDA

View Full Version : 3.P - Potion Equivalent Constructs

unseenmage
2018-08-10, 03:52 AM
Assuming that single-use versions of Constructs have been okayed by the GM in a 'Constructs are Magic Items' enabled game...

What 3.x or PF Constructs would you build as single-use variants that only last for a single combat (or for a number of rounds equal to their CL)?

I'm thinking Effigies of creatures with Pounce would work best.

Silva Stormrage
2018-08-10, 11:48 PM
Assuming that single-use versions of Constructs have been okayed by the GM in a 'Constructs are Magic Items' enabled game...

What 3.x or PF Constructs would you build as single-use variants that only last for a single combat (or for a number of rounds equal to their CL)?

I'm thinking Effigies of creatures with Pounce would work best.

There are constructs with SLA's such as the Grisgol, that might be useful.

Overall one round duration constructs doesn't sound very cost efficient, how cheap is spawning these constructs?

unseenmage
2018-08-11, 01:47 AM
There are constructs with SLA's such as the Grisgol, that might be useful.

Overall one round duration constructs doesn't sound very cost efficient, how cheap is spawning these constructs?
Same price reduction as any other single use custom magic item.

(apologies for the short response, am at work and on phone)

DrMotives
2018-08-11, 07:15 AM
"You may wonder why the last 2 lair traps you triggered merely doused you in lemon juice. Now behold! as my origami minions slash your cuticles into searing, ouchie pain! Mwahahaha!"

unseenmage
2018-08-11, 07:52 AM
"You may wonder why the last 2 lair traps you triggered merely doused you in lemon juice. Now behold! as my origami minions slash your cuticles into searing, ouchie pain! Mwahahaha!"

Pathfinder DOES have the Tome of Origami Animals (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Tome%20of%20Or igami%20Animals) and the Origami Swarm (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Origami%20Swar m).

Palanan
2018-08-11, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by DrMotives

o gawd I needed that.

:smalltongue:

unseenmage
2018-08-12, 08:24 PM
Hmm, would the epic Golems still be epic priced if built as single use items?

SangoProduction
2018-08-13, 01:27 AM
Single use, spell completion : Spell level × caster level × 25 gp

Use-activated or continuous : Spell level × caster level × 2,000 gp

The single use is about 1/100 the price of an equivalent continuous item, if we adjust nothing else. So, not an incredible savings for a 1-turn minionmancy.

Goaty14
2018-08-13, 07:52 AM
I think that all of the decent sort of golems that eventually turn around and kill you might be worth looking at, since y'know, they don't have the time to manifest an urge to kill you.