PDA

View Full Version : Computer Icewind Dale 2, paladin (x)/ fighter (4), need help with optimization.

Corran
2018-08-10, 11:14 AM
Hey folks, it's been a very long time since I last played IWD2 or 3e, so I am in need of some help here.

In which order would you take the levels? (paladin of helm so no mc problems; aasimar for race so delayed level progression)

I think I should go for the feat maximized attack, but in this case what should my second weapon specialization be? From the little I've seen, a lot of people say maces, since there are several good maces in the game and since there are some monsters that have resistance to slashing and piercing damage. But I was thinking of spending the second weapon specialization feat on a throwing weapon, so either a hammer or an axe. Is it worth doing so? And if it is, then do I choose hammer or axe?

The holy avenger counts as a large sword, right? If so, does that mean that I will be able to S&B with it?

Any additional help regarding feat and spell selection would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Aasimar, Paladin (x)/ Fighter (4)

STR 16
DEX 10
CON 18
INT 3
WIS 13
CHA 20

Items to look for: Holy Avenger, and a stone (Underdark) and/or a ring (severed hand) that both boost wisdom.
Fiendslayer feat.
Concentration skill.
Have allies cast stoneskin on her often.

ps: Oh, and name suggestions if you please. I am horrible at naming characters, and I dont want to give these minmaxed monsters cool names of the PC's from the adventures I've played or DM'ed. They will all be good aligned, so no Brutus Flayschildren and the like :p. Party consists of:
1) shield dwarf cleric of Tempus (male)
2) human cleric of Lathander (female)
3) drow wizard (male)
4) aasimar paladin (female)
5) human sorcerer (gender undecided, will decide when I take another look at what pics I like)
6) aasimar sorcerer ( gender undecided, same reason as above; probably I will make one of the sorcerers a male, the other a female).