PDA

View Full Version : The Jester's Game

ArgonianGamer
2018-08-10, 04:52 PM
I plan on making several quests all tied into an adventure involving a Jester that turns out to be a chaotic hod of mischief. The first quest, called "The Jester's Game" this involves the party of 3 meeting the jester as a street performer. He sees the party and shuts down his performance to speak to them. He brings them in his house and tells them "I simply want to play a game" he then puts them into some kind of game. I need help coming up with ideas for his "game". One I thought of was he turns them into chess pieces in a game of chess. If you hace any ideas for anoyher possible game for the jester to do, or just another quest idea, please share.

Metamorph
2018-08-11, 12:22 AM
Turn them to little versions of themself and let the jester narrate them through a short and weird dnd story.

CantigThimble
2018-08-11, 01:16 AM
"You suddenly find yourselves in a small town. People stock-still stand in front of their houses with glassy-eyed stares. In one direction, you see the tracks of minecarts leading into high mountains, in another, barren fields, ploughed but evidently without crops, to the last direction, wide pastures block your view, though you see no animals. Suddenly, a thunderous rumbling shakes the world around you and a booming voice from above speaks: 'Six!' The pastures, empty only moments before, are suddenly swarming with sheep, until an enormous hand reaches down from behind the clouds and scoops them all up before drawing back. The voice resumes: 'Anyone got wood for my sheep?' A second booming voice answers him: 'Sure' 'Great, I'll place this here.' A hail of logs and bricks rains down from above and somehow neatly align themselves into a road that cuts between the fields and mountains. Where will you go now?"

ArgonianGamer
2018-08-11, 11:16 AM
Turn them to little versions of themself and let the jester narrate them through a short and weird dnd story.

Okay, have you ever played Fable 3? In it one of the quests the player can do is go into the house of 3 nerdy wizards. They put the player into a diarama kind of world that they actually made. All the characters are cardboard and stuff, and all voiced by the wizards. I could do something like that

Metamorph
2018-08-12, 05:30 AM
Okay, have you ever played Fable 3? In it one of the quests the player can do is go into the house of 3 nerdy wizards. They put the player into a diarama kind of world that they actually made. All the characters are cardboard and stuff, and all voiced by the wizards. I could do something like that

I loved that quest :)

Balthasaurus
2018-08-12, 11:56 AM
"You suddenly find yourselves in a small town. People stock-still stand in front of their houses with glassy-eyed stares. In one direction, you see the tracks of minecarts leading into high mountains, in another, barren fields, ploughed but evidently without crops, to the last direction, wide pastures block your view, though you see no animals. Suddenly, a thunderous rumbling shakes the world around you and a booming voice from above speaks: 'Six!' The pastures, empty only moments before, are suddenly swarming with sheep, until an enormous hand reaches down from behind the clouds and scoops them all up before drawing back. The voice resumes: 'Anyone got wood for my sheep?' A second booming voice answers him: 'Sure' 'Great, I'll place this here.' A hail of logs and bricks rains down from above and somehow neatly align themselves into a road that cuts between the fields and mountains. Where will you go now?"

Kudos to you for that fantastic Settlers of Catan reference!