PDA

View Full Version : Rebuke Vermin Anywhere?

Blue Wizard
2018-08-10, 06:02 PM
I have been trying and trying to find out if there is a domain, prestige class, feat or whatever that would allow a character to rebuke/command vermin.

So far no luck.

I know there are a couple of domains that allow spiders to be rebuked, for all those Lolth-based clerics out there. But for my purposes, I need other kinds of vermin than spiders. Specifically, ants and wasps primarily, but a general 'vermin' would be ideal.

I even know of the Eberron feat 'Child of Winter' that had the promising summary of "allow vermin to be treated as animals", but you read the full description and it turns out to apply only to spells, and only druid spells at that, not domains.

Does anyone know how or if such a thing could be made to be possible?

ShurikVch
2018-08-10, 06:47 PM
There is the Vermin Control (http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/ch/ch20020708a) feat - it need update to 3.5 rules, but still, technically, legal

Goaty14
2018-08-10, 06:51 PM
Repel Vermin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/repelVermin.htm) acts as a no-save turning attempt vs vermin, if that's what you want

Blue Jay
2018-08-10, 07:30 PM
I have been trying and trying to find out if there is a domain, prestige class, feat or whatever that would allow a character to rebuke/command vermin.

So far no luck.

I know there are a couple of domains that allow spiders to be rebuked, for all those Lolth-based clerics out there. But for my purposes, I need other kinds of vermin than spiders. Specifically, ants and wasps primarily, but a general 'vermin' would be ideal.

I even know of the Eberron feat 'Child of Winter' that had the promising summary of "allow vermin to be treated as animals", but you read the full description and it turns out to apply only to spells, and only druid spells at that, not domains.

Does anyone know how or if such a thing could be made to be possible?

Drow of the Underdark has a cleric ACF called "Master of Spiders," which replaces Turn/Rebuke Undead with Rebuke Vermin, and you rebuke spiders as a cleric 4 levels higher.

Rotipher
2018-08-11, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to homebrew a domain (Hive?) that's themed to Hymenoptera. Perhaps something that abeil clerics would access? It could have mind-linking, venom-related, Heroes' Feast (all honey), and teamwork spells on its roster.

OgresAreCute
2018-08-11, 01:32 PM
Domains are pretty simple to homebrew, just put rebuke vermin as the domain power and slap on some vermin related spells like summon swarm and you're done.