PDA

View Full Version : Blinding smite spell help

Whit
2018-08-10, 10:11 PM
Hi I’m guessing it’s stupid question but it’s a duration 1minute does that give me 3d8 per attack for 1minute

BoxANT
2018-08-10, 10:21 PM
bonus action to cast it

action to make a melee attack

(if you hit)

deals an extra 3d8

creature is blinded for duration (1min) if fails CON save

remains blinded unless they make one their subsequent CON saves

Whit
2018-08-10, 10:27 PM
all You did was tell me the spell but what I need to know is can imuse that damage on a hit add round for 1 minute or is it a once and gone

ad_hoc
2018-08-10, 10:47 PM
So after one hit and I use it, the it’s gone. Or does it gain that damage on one hit per round for the duration of a minute

Which one do you think makes more sense?

krugaan
2018-08-10, 10:56 PM
hmmm ... you don't need to maintain concentration to keep the blind up though, do you?

Lunali
2018-08-10, 11:49 PM
After casting it you have 1 minute (barring loss of concentration) to score a hit on a creature. Once you hit, that creature must save or be blinded for the remaining duration, (or until concentration is lost) with saving throws each round to end it early. Regardless of whether it saves, it takes 3d8 radiant damage.

Asmotherion
2018-08-11, 09:04 AM
You hit something and it becomes blind for a minute.

You don't get to blind things you hit for a whole minute.

Clear?

Vingelot
2018-08-11, 09:15 AM
all You did was tell me the spell but what I need to know is can imuse that damage on a hit add round for 1 minute or is it a once and gone

Assuming that's what you're asking, you hit ONE creature ("the NEXT creature you hit") and deal extra damage, and then that creature gets blinded for the remainder of the spell's duration.

BoxANT
2018-08-11, 12:42 PM

bro

i told you the effects of the spell

does the spell say "all your attacks do an extra 3d8 for duration"?