PDA

View Full Version : insanity in the forums

wojonatior
2007-09-12, 09:10 PM
why dont we just let most of the threads in the oots forum die beacuse many people are just randomly spamming stupid stuff they would never do if thier was not an oots shortage. one example of a crazy thread is this one beacuse ive seen like 10 v gender threads in this week. and it would be nice if people looked up 485 prediction threads so there is not like 50 clone threads. i mean it was nice when there was new ideas but now its just the same ideas.:smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed:

David Argall
2007-09-12, 09:33 PM
We are getting no new strips, which makes it harder to produce new threads.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-12, 10:25 PM
why dont we just let most of the threads in the oots forum die beacuse many people are just randomly spamming stupid stuff they would never do if thier was not an oots shortage. one example of a crazy thread is this one beacuse ive seen like 10 v gender threads in this week. and it would be nice if people looked up 485 prediction threads so there is not like 50 clone threads. i mean it was nice when there was new ideas but now its just the same ideas.:smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed:

Yeah, after a while I get tired of the silly "gender debate" threads. I'm surprised there's no "Miko's gender debate" thread already.

I don't know why people feel the need to post new threads when there are already a whole bunch of threads on these subjects. I guess they don't know about the "search function".

Anyway, there's only five more days until a new strip comes out. Get well, Rich!

Kreistor
2007-09-12, 10:31 PM
I miss Miko. :smallfrown: She was such a great conversation starter. :sigh:

BobTheDog
2007-09-12, 10:42 PM

Sure she was...

:smallbiggrin: Miko rules!
:smallfurious: No, Miko must die!
:smallconfused: No way, she's the most developed character in the whole strip!
:smallsigh: Right, of course, because Roy is just a big dumb fighter...

Pun Pun
2007-09-13, 01:16 AM
I really do miss Miko, she better get revived....

Who knows, Belkar might just find her corpse and bring both halves along with him as a pick me up for when hes feeling blue....

Who knows, I can see dead Miko dolls selling very well in the OoTS world...

However Hinjo would obviously revive her because he would need the extra combatant for the upsomming battle.

NikkTheTrick
2007-09-13, 02:05 AM
I'd also like to see Miko revived. So that I could see her die again:smallbiggrin:

wojonatior
2007-09-13, 06:20 AM
. I'm surprised there's no "Miko's gender debate" thread already.

you speak too soon there already is.

Green Bean
2007-09-13, 06:52 AM
why dont we just let most of the threads in the oots forum die beacuse many people are just randomly spamming stupid stuff they would never do if thier was not an oots shortage.

You mean like the thread complaining about threads? That seems pretty useless, as it takes much more effort to start a thread that says all the other ones are pointless than it does to, you know, not click on the ones that bug you.

Alfryd
2007-09-13, 08:02 AM
However Hinjo would obviously revive her because he would need the extra combatant for the upcoming battle.
Uh... Miko did kinda try to kill Hinjo at some point. I dunno. I can't see any compelling reason for him to raise her. The only two people who might be willing and/or able to advocate on Miko's behalf are O-chul and Soon, neither of whom seem readily available to testify.

Half of me wants to see Miko back in action. Another half looks back on her track record and shudders at the prospect of future hijinks. My third half is vaguely wondering if Arcadia sells black dresses in her size.

Renegade Paladin
2007-09-13, 08:11 AM
Then stop producing threads.

El Leik Jou
2007-09-13, 08:19 AM
With the sanity gone. From now on when i am feeling unhappy i will take a look at the forums and laugh at the insanity like some evil guy

wojonatior
2007-09-13, 02:16 PM
You mean like the thread complaining about threads? That seems pretty useless, as it takes much more effort to start a thread that says all the other ones are pointless than it does to, you know, not click on the ones that bug you.
if you didn't notice i admitted this thread was a result of the oots shortage.

squidthingy
2007-09-13, 04:49 PM
Yeah, after a while I get tired of the silly "gender debate" threads. I'm surprised there's no "Miko's gender debate" thread already.

I have seen V gender debates and one Banjo gender debate which is the dumbest thing ever because of the fact that god means male while goddess means female, stupid people

If there are others I have not seen them

Oh and if there really is a miko one, I'm sure it's a joke

Green Bean
2007-09-13, 05:01 PM
Wow. My last post was really harsh. Sorry 'bout that, woj. Consider the tone withdrawn. Not the content, though. I still think that the forum can handle a few useless threads.

RAGE KING!
2007-09-13, 08:50 PM
i remember you when you had just joined, wojoniator.

But you have a good point. I mostly don't go on these forums much, and i've noticed others doing the same (which, incidentally makes the voting threads really boring) and i filled in the OotS lack by buying SoD.

Just because theres nothing new to post about doesn't mean you have to post about old things. Just don't post in this board.

wojonatior
2007-09-13, 09:03 PM
i saw a forum gender thread the other day.:smallconfused::smallannoyed::smallamused:

Haydenhawk
2007-09-13, 09:14 PM
LOOK YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO NOTICE THAT NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE TRY TO STOP THE STUPID STUFF THERE WILL ALWAYS BE STUPID MORONS WHO SPAM AND START GENDER DEBATES! SO WHY BOTHER TO STOP IT!

I have to admit though that gender thing on Belkar is extremely stupid:smallmad:

Green Bean
2007-09-13, 09:31 PM
i saw a forum gender thread the other day.:smallconfused::smallannoyed::smallamused:

What was the verdict? We need to know, dangit! What if the forums hook up with some RPG discussion board? Who will we send flowers to? Would the Wizards board be best man or the maid of honor? Will we need to move the wedding to Vermont? :smallamused:

wojonatior
2007-09-13, 09:34 PM
there was three posts before it was closed.:smallfrown:

Green Bean
2007-09-13, 09:51 PM
there was three posts before it was closed.:smallfrown:

Curses! We need that information. We could end up making a faux pas on its wedding day. No one wants a faux pas on their wedding day! :smalleek:

David Argall
2007-09-13, 09:57 PM

Well, since you are bored, and needing a conversation starter...

You are now a member of the Miko atonement committe, responsible for designing a proper atonement for Miko to regain paladinhood.

The program must follow these standards, and likely others.

Satisfy the standards of LG.
Something that Miko will hate, but must acknowledge as virtuous, and desirable for the cause of LG.
encourage/cause her to improve her character.

My perverted idea is that she marry Redcloak.
She of course is to try to reform him, and to stop any of his evil deeds she can, but she can't hurt or kill him, and she is to be a loving wife, and mother of his children.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-15, 10:36 AM
I have seen V gender debates and one Banjo gender debate which is the dumbest thing ever because of the fact that god means male while goddess means female, stupid people

If there are others I have not seen them

Oh and if there really is a miko one, I'm sure it's a joke

Well, I was referring to all of the Miko threads back in May/June. And now with all of the "gender debate" threads, I figured someone would jokingly post a thread about Miko's gender.

TheKnifeofTrust
2007-09-15, 10:47 AM
Prediction threads are about as lame as emo and seriously the oots forum has gone downhill since the comics stopped. :smallannoyed:

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-15, 09:58 PM
Prediction threads are about as lame as emo and seriously the oots forum has gone downhill since the comics stopped. :smallannoyed:

Well, don't worry, it's only two more days until the comic comes back. :smallsmile:

The 6th Side
2007-09-16, 03:35 AM

Then the simple answer is DONT make new threads! :smallsigh:

kpenguin
2007-09-16, 05:05 AM

Prediction threads are the lifeblood of the forums. Without prediction threads, the only threads around would probably be stuff like "I think Belkar RCKS!" and "Roy SUCKS: Here's Why"

Anyway, I think you're overreacting. Remember when there were a bunch of fan club threads everywhere? If there really was a big problem, the staff would be on it like that. *snaps fingers*

Dunamin
2007-09-16, 05:38 AM
*snaps fingers*
*BAMF*

"Yes master, what do you desire for your second wish? ... Wait, you're not my master. This isn't even my lamp! I swear, I'll never get drunk in the City of Bronze again..."

*BAMF*

Elfanatic
2007-09-16, 05:51 AM
*BAMF*

"Yes master, what do you desire for your second wish? ... Wait, you're not my master. This isn't even my lamp! I swear, I'll never get drunk in the City of Bronze again..."

*BAMF*

HAHAHAHAHAHA *choke* Hehehehehehe *snicker*

That was...unexpected! *continues laughing*